A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.02.2014

1 Warehouse Scuba Coat, 3 Different Ways

Hope you've all had a good weekend, boy it's flown. Actually it has flown other than the 90 minutes I was stood outside yesterday morning watching junior football. I have NEVER been so cold in my life. Thanks the lord it was called off today!

I've had my eye on this Warehouse coat for a week or two now. I have yet to see it in the flesh but the fabric intrigues me, yes it does remind me of something you would wear in the water which is a good job as it's called the Scuba Coat. It's made out of neoprene fabric, I certainly haven't got any of that in my wardrobe. Warehouse describe it as a cocoon coat but it doesn't seem very 'cocoony' to me from the available images. It seems too straight cut and doesn't narrow enough at the bottom. Still, it's a lovely coat whatever it's called.

Blue Warehouse Scuba Coat £100



I also can't decide whether it's a coat or a longer length jacket. Officially it's a coat so let's stick with that. The colour appears to be a light navy, perfect for any colour palette that we have discussed before.

As there's nothing on the t.v. tonight, I've played around with Polyvore to see just how versatile this coat-jacket can be. And yes, it's definitely versatile.


1. A Shopping Trip

First up is an outfit I think would be perfect for my favourite passtime....watching my son play football shopping


A good pair of boots, the Ash Joulouse in Navy are essential for a full day out, well they are for me anyway. I always admire those crazy divas who can march around Top Shop in their stilettos. I've gone for layering as it's still mighty cold out there and an easy grip Modalu bag. It's not a shopping mall trip as you've probably gathered with the sunglasses!


2. A Formal Event

So, I'm thinking a Spring wedding or christening here.


One of my favourite colour combinations, blue and nude. I adore these shoes from Whistles Limited Collection. A bit pricey at £185 but they are would be so versatile in anyone's wardrobe. I don't often do matchy-matchy with bag and shoes but I'm kind of liking this. The bag is Kurt Geiger and is £80. I'm sure the dress which is from Next and I've featured before would be longer than the coat which adds to the overall look.


3. The School Run

Oh the joy of the daily journey. The key for me at the moment is warmth and comfort as I can be in the car for up to 2 1/2 hours a day doing the wretched school run. And, don't get me started on after school activities. Thank goodness the eldest drives now.




I love the idea of really dressing the coat down and so I've chosen the coke sweatshirt in burgundy from Top Shop teamed with some River Island cigarette jeans in a light wash. Hat and mits obligatory at the moment regardless of whether you get out of the car or not! And of course the school run wouldn't be complete without a pair of New Balance trainers.

So, three different looks, I calculate that to be £33.33 per wear already. I'm sure I would wear the coat time after time which would mean excellent value in the long run. I'm suppose to be cutting down this month but so very tempted to order it.

And finally, I forgot to let you know where this gorgeous green little number is...



It's Marks and Spencer! Did you guess?????

I'm not sure what to write about next time, think I need to sleep on it.

Toodle Pip for now


Donna x



15 comments on "1 Warehouse Scuba Coat, 3 Different Ways"
  1. I have never heard the term scuba coat before ! It looks really nice, although I 'm not convinced by the neoprene material - my cycling over shoes seem to hold water when it rains so I could imagine a neoprene coat getting pretty heavy if it does the same haha. Love your first two stylings. Especially the formal one as the dress is so stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the moral of this story is don't wear it in the rain. I can live with that lol and thanks, I love them too x

      Delete
  2. That coat looks gorgeous - I urge you to buy it! I have a scuba dress and love the material. Love all your look especially the navy and nude. Not a usual colour paring but that's why I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop it! It's Frugal February. But I have a plan, I'm working on husband to buy it for me x

      Delete
  3. LOVE that coat - it's similar to the H&M one I got last summer - tis the most perfect shape ever. Love all your outfit ideas - totally me down to a tee! (in fact I think I may own most of those things!) DEfinitely how I wear mine, v useful indeed. And did you ever get hold of that dress?! Fab blog as usual xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, it is gorgeous isn't it. The dress is due for release in March x

      Delete
  4. Love your styling here Donna, all the outfits look fab! I really like the coat and a great way to get in one the scuba trend which I would have normally ignored x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scuba trend ha! I have visions of everyone carrying surf boards and wearing flippers x

      Delete
  5. The coat is brilliant for £40! Love the shape of it.....as it does look so versatile! I'm surprised it's not sitting in your wardrobe already! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh me! It's £100, I really don't know why I put £40. Wishful thinking. I've changed the link now!!!! x

      Delete
  6. Love the second outfit you put together - totally love the colours together and I would be very happy and comfy in all of it. But I have to say, it won't keep you warm watching the football - you need hard core stuff .... as I have learnt! I am a veritable sight for sore eyes when I am layered up to do my stint on the pitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't you worry Sue, style goes out of the window at football matches. Even the kids give me funny looks. Don't care! x

      Delete
  7. I love the school run look! What a fab coat! I've seen some gorgeous M&S stuff in Instyle mag that I can't find on their website yet! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some other self storage companies benefit from people who are unable to pay the rent for their storage unit by having auctions to sell their possessions. But this team is very nice, professional, and helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice products it really good as a costumer it is very satisfy is there having any discount codes like Debenhams Discount Code

    ReplyDelete