A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.21.2014

Confessions Of A Blogger, I Blame The Floral Top

I thought I would show you this as it's a 'right little beauty' and is still in stock.


I found myself in a non-local Sainsburys earlier this week in search of bread, milk, wine, the usual, when I happen to chance upon this cute little top.

I decided not to partake in the recent Peter Pilotto for Target collaboration hosted by Net-A-Porter a) because I'm suppose to be doing Frugal February, more on that later and b) the pattern is a tad too bold for me to carry off. If you've been following the blog for a while you may well be familiar with the 6 different colour palettes. Well I'm a Soft which means no busy, bold patterns or bright colours. I'm a more of a muted type of girl. Anyway I thought I could get this pattern to work as it's quite smudgy and with a sun tan, hey we can get away with most things can't we.

So in the basket it went with the other life's little essentials. And I'm actually rather pleased with it. It's a mixture of light blues, white and red on a navy background, 100% polyester and faired well given I'd forgotten that I'd bought it and left it crumbled up in a carrier in my handbag overnight. It's a great length and will be brilliant to wear with jeans, white skinnies, white linen trousers and even shorts in the summer. I styled it with a pair of skinnies and cobalt ankle strap flats. I think it would look great with distressed boyfriend jeans but I'm having a hate-hate relationship with BFs at the moment, I just can't get them to fit properly. I will not be beaten on this front, expect to see boyfriends in the near future.

The back has tiny little pearl buttons running right the way down from top to bottom, a sod to fasten yourself but very pretty (you may be able to pick them out in the bottom left photo above).

The top is £16 and Sainsburys have a 25% offer on all their clothing until 24th February so you can pick it up for £12. To be honest I would have paid Whistles/Hobbs prices, I love it that much. Can't believe there isn't a picture on the website and that you still can't buy online. Oh well. If you like it get yourself into Sainsburys pronto, I predict it won't be there very long.

Now we have the small matter of Frugal February to address. I have to say I'm a broken woman, it's finally beaten me. To be fair I didn't buy anything until earlier this week but then my resolve broke. As I sit typing this, I have to admit to purchasing a scarf (just to clarify,this has been on order for ages), 2 necklaces (they are gorgeous, I'll blog about them next week when I get them) and several pairs of jeans (it was suppose to be an experiment that went wrong ie. I didn't return them). So, I've fallen off the wagon spectacularly. I apologise.

And now, I have to go and lick my wounds and ponder why I have the willpower of a slug in a bag of lettuce.

Enjoy your weekend


Donna x






34 comments on "Confessions Of A Blogger, I Blame The Floral Top"
  1. Such a pretty top....a bit gutted I swerved past the ladies wear whilst in Sainsburys the other day :0( I headed straight to kids wear and missed this beauty!! Mind you it's not like I haven't done enough damage this month!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I seem to recall Michelle, you naughty girl! But you did bag some great stuff x

      Delete
  2. A slug in a bag of lettuce! Ba Ha Ha Ha Ha! It had to be done as it looks fab on you! I love your ankle strap pumps too! Very cute! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well apparently there are a lot of slugs around at the moment lol. Thanks Andrea x

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely blouse and it looks great on. Love the button up back !! Another vote for the shoes too. How nice !!
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sainsburys have some little gems (not the lettuces!) I've had some great quality basic T shirts which keep their shape and wash really well, and a pair of jeggings I'm wearing as i type this. Love that top on you it definitely works. I will be interested to see your take on BF jeans. I haven't tried them yet - love them on other people but the classic/euro chic in me is battling against them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me lol (little gems). Oh don't get me started on BFs. I've got 2 pairs that I've played around with, they just keep falling down and look all baggy. I am still searching x

      Delete
  5. LOVE that top and yes you're absolutely right, it is rather Whistles. I may have to go and have a little look...... Thanks for the tip off. I think the colours are gorgeous on you. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, I love this top! I wear one very similar in the summer and had a genius moment the other day and wore with a striped tshirt underneath - http://www.avenue57.com/a57/look/14588/mixing-patterns.aspx

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your striped tops Fiona. Great idea though x

      Delete
  7. Lovely top Donna,pity we don't have a Sainsburys anywhere near us here. I have been lucky in Tesco a few times whilst doing the weekly grocery shop:) Enjoy your weekend!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lethal isn't it, supermarkets selling clothing x

      Delete
  8. Great, great top Now trying to figure out if there's any Sainsburys on my route during my London trip next weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could plan your little weekend break around trips to different supermarkets lol x

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous top Donna....it would have been rude not to!!! ;-)
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously...I'm the only one left...or so it seems! But you've fallen off the wagon in a good way - that's a fab top...and I'm secretly looking forward to seeing the rest of what you bought :) Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a very bad girl Avril. Nothing mega expensive though (well that is unless you don't add it all up) x

      Delete
  11. Lets be slugs together! At first I thought it was just the top and thinking "oh well that's not too bad" then I read on, laugh out very loud, especially the "I didn't return them" bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All is forgiven as its a lovely top Donna! love those shoes too, are they Next? I have black and white ones that look very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fell of the wagon Donna?!? You swan dived off with that haul. Must admit well done you for lasting that long! Pictures are great you look gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too have the willpower of a slug in a bag of lettuce. We can eat lettuce together.

    And besides if you're going to fall - fall in a major way! Do it proper!

    That aside, it's a lovely top on you and guess what - I think you need a pair of red shoes to make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks lovely Donna - so nice to see a bit of brightness around even if it is on someone else! I too am a total slug for beauty and make-up (which I clearly don't need!) but hey-ho we only live once right so why not! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That top is fab, it looks great and is a real bargain. £12!!!! Off to Sainsbury's I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know £12!!! I spend more than that on a joint of meat for Sunday roast x

      Delete
  17. What a gorgeous top. The colours are beautiful and it looks very expensive. You look fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, it just looks like spring when I click on to your page:) Love the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay Spring although I confess to putting it straight back in the wardrobe after the photos. Phoney!!!!

      Delete
  19. I love that top! It's my kind of top, high neck, little print & can wear with jeans, damn not having a Sainsburys local! Am with you on the Boyfriend jeans, I'm still searching, these things take time. If you are going to fall, may as well do it in style! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't believe everyone doesn't have a Sainsburys nearby. This has been an eye opener for me. Oh BFs I feel like telling them to b*gger off, they are haunting my every waking moment. Let me know if you have any success x

    ReplyDelete