$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.26.2014

Stars And Stripes

Yet again I found myself with a couple of hours to spare last night after dropping the 12 year old off at his football practice (I am a bad mommy as I don't stay to watch the practice sessions, most do) so I popped into M&S to do a little grocery shopping and pass some time.

There really are some wonderful items of clothing in there at the moment. Take this jacket for instance from the Collection range. It looks even better in real life than in the picture. A great length, brilliant colourways that would fit perfectly in my wardrobe and can be styled up or down. It's a good price too, £59. I think red is an obvious option to put with the jacket, not my favourite so I'd like to play around with it a little. I think a yellow top would most certainly work with distressed skinnies and trainers.

Nautical Striped Jacket


Not sure I like it zipped up (there's a photo on the website that I haven't included), it looks much better left unfastened.

And another stripy item, this Boden-esque thin knit. This most definitely looks better in real life, I probably wouldn't have looked at it twice on the web. It's 81% cotton and is so soft, even I could wear it without moaning. And, da da da dah....you can tumble dry it. My kind of a jumper. M&S have 20% off their knitwear at the moment making this just £18. I cannot believe I walked away, sensible head and all. I may have to go back tomorrow.

Cotton Rich Stripe Jumper


So those are my stripes. Now let you introduce you to my two little stars. I ordered these necklaces from Alice's Wonders after seeing Beth's review at StyleGuile.

The first one appears to have sold out so this is my own photograph, I think it was approx £9 (bargain!). It's a little different to my usual necklaces, a tad bolder and brighter but I love it. It will get lots of wear in the summer.



The second one is still available and a fantastic £7.50 price. The quality of both pieces is excellent, it really is.

Bright Blue Multilayer Bib Necklace


I'm also in the market for a yellow necklace (I am loving all things yellow at the moment) and I could kick myself for not ordering this one, it too is now out of stock.

Statement Yellow Floral Necklace


Take a look, there is only a small range but the pieces really are beautiful and I still can't believe the prices.

So, that's it my stars and stripes round up, short but very sweet.

I need to tell you about my little jeans experiment which I will endeavour to post on the blog in the next few days.

Take care


Donna x







16 comments on "Stars And Stripes"
  1. Love that jacket Donna...just gorgeous & those statement necklace from Alice's Wonders look fab too!
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm really tempted Jane but I bought a similar one last year so not sure I can justify another at the moment x

      Delete
  2. The M&S jacket is stunning.....I predict a revival for them this season as they seem to have so much lovely stuff in there at the moment! The statement necklaces from Alice Wonders are fabulous too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Michelle, some stunning pieces x

      Delete
  3. M&S really does have some lovely stuff but agree the website never does any of it justice, I like the new layout but even the models look crap in the clothes! Must take a look at those necklaces - stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new layout is such an improvement isn't it and so easy to navigate x

      Delete
  4. Fab necklaces, Donna! Must go and check them out! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely aren't they. Wore the blue one today and had so many people commenting on it x

      Delete
  5. Love the jacket - It looks great. I think big buttons would have been a nice alternative to the zip, but it is still very nice.
    Love the contrast cuffs on the stripe jumper as well - that looks really cool !
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey that's a really good idea Paul, I'm liking your thinking! x

      Delete
  6. I fell in love with that jacket when it first appeared online; it's wonderful! I agree that it looks best unfastened. I'm hoping to see it in the flesh tomorrow. The yellow statement necklace is amazing. xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you like the jacket in real life Emma, it's is gorgeous. I love the necklaces too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of wearing the jacket with yellow & trainers! It would look so good like that! Gorgeous necklaces too! I love yours with the stripy top! Perfect pop of colour! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous stripes Donna the M&S jumper is a steal! I really have to be in the mood for a statement necklace but these are lovely. Looking forward to the jeans experiment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i seriously can't believe the prices on those necklaces, i got pressure saled into buying something at the opening night of a J Crew store and ended up dropping 178 quid on a necklace that i don't prefer to these ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete