A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.07.2014

Yep, Just Keep On Flinging Those Little Tops At Me

Help, I'm caving in! Frugal February is proving very difficult particularly when French Connection is putting out these little lovelies.

Penny Plains Collared T-Shirt £27



Isn't it just cuteness personified? Normally a high neck would have me overtaking Forest Gump on his run for life but the little pleat over the bust will sort out any boob-shelves. A great price too.

Another top that has caught my eye from French Connection,

Classic Polly Plains Top £27



It comes in eight colours, this one is my favourite. It's called plum pink. Love it styled with ankle skimmers but it would work equally well with skinnies and a navy blazer.

And then as if I haven't already been punished enough, Sue at Susie So So decided to post these little beauties on her blog.

F&F Textured Shell Tops





They are from Tesco, yes Tesco and at just £12 each are an absolute steal. I love shell tops, I have several that I wear in the warmer weather. Doesn't Sue look divine in hers!

So thanks Sue, I'm almost caving in over here and breaking the challenge, well kind of. I think it may still be ok. You see I have vouchers albeit Sainsbury's vouchers but I figure if I use these this week for my food shop (at Sainsburys of course), the money I save can be put towards a couple of tops. Yes? Is that ok or am I pushing it a little?? I mean, technically yes I will have bought something but £ for £ I'm no worse off. And that's the point isn't it - not spend anything?

I need to mull this over a cup of tea.


My other challenge is holding up slightly better today. Yesterday I managed most of the day in the stiff shirt and jeans that don't play ball. Today I was delighted to land upon the Zara jumpsuit. It wasn't quite a random-random choice. I mean, I closed my eyes and everything but I spent more time feeling the fabrics. I needed knitwear. I thought I'd chosen a navy thin knit sweater. I got the jumpsuit. That's ok. It's comfy. I've been wearing it in the day as a) it will be out of fashion soon so no point in saving for best and b) it's starting to bobble so wear and get rid.

Here I am dodging the rain (I got drench wet through this morning hence flat hair), worn with a blue tweed coat from Kaleidoscope, navy suede (yes I know in the rain) ankle boots and Zara necklace. God I look old! Oh, I am old.



I thought it might be fun to look at accessories and how these can help you look slimmer next time. Leave it with me, I'll do some work on it.

Have a good weekend.

Donna x







32 comments on "Yep, Just Keep On Flinging Those Little Tops At Me"
  1. The jumpsuit looks fab!! And I'll be straight off to Tesco when I get to the UK:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna. You'll be lucky to bag one of those tops the way they are flying out of the shop at the moment x

      Delete
  2. Love all those tops I will be making a visit to Tesco soon for those shell tops, really like your outfit and you don't look old! Love all the outfit pic you fashion bloggers post wish I had the guts to start my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am struggling like hell with the FF challenge also,actually,I hold my hands up,I give in already! So after those tops Sue has featured now.Love those FCUK ones also.Far to much temptation!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your jumpsuit too Donna. very chic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the Tesco tops! Get the Tesco tops! I bought them both ... and your Sainsburys plan sounds perfectly reasonable to me - definitely well within the guidelines of Frugal Feb (lol!) And stop it ... you do NOT look old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I bought 3 Helen. Had to cash in all my Sainsburys vouchers lol x

      Delete
  6. Dont cave in ! you can do it!! Just think of a massive treat for 1st March. Does makeup count in Frugal February ? If not, get a nice Chanel lippy, or some edgy NP to ward off the clothes-buy demons. If you cant buy makeup, choose a completely makeup look from your existing collection and style your outfit to fit the look - Stay strong....hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I haven't actually outplayed cash Paul but being very creative using vouchers. Might just treat myself to make up though x

      Delete
  7. Love the first French Connection top! You look ace in the jumpsuit! Doing well with the FF challenge Donna......I'm impressed! ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I nearly broke my spending ban with those tops from Tesco!!!
    You look gorgeous all in blue

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gave up on Frugal February on day one - I have no restraint. And looking at these tops (esp the first French Connection one), I am glad I did - I'm off to shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do not look old Donna! You look lovely! Keep holding on honey, I'm going in for a Florence and Fred shell top but on the 1st March! I like the lime one they do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwah thanks. The lime is quite yellow-y but really nice x

      Delete
  11. Love your coat Donna:) Hope you are having a good weekend!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic in the jumpsuit! Its styled perfectly! I never strike it gold in Tescos! There must be something wrong with me! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Don't give me the credit, it was Sue that found them xx

      Delete
  13. Get away with you - you are not old! We just all have days where we feel like it - like when you've spent an hour trying to help the 7 year old do his homework - arghghgh! And thanks for the lovely mention. What I want to know is how have you managed to stay good this long? I cave every few days! Admittedly, I don't keep everything but I have to keep the cycle going.

    And I love reading the comments, you have one Fashmr Paul saying don't cave and you have Helen going "buy, buy, buy!". Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I know it's like having a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other x

      Delete
  14. Don't be daft Donna - you don't look old - but you do look a bit peed off with the weather (aren't we all!), The ankle boots are lovely (in spite of the rain!). I really like the Penny Plains top - in fact I like the entire outfit - but what's a boob shelf? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. You know that little shelf that big boobs make lol x

      Delete
  15. I think you look gorgeous in that photo and WELL DONE on sticking to the challenge. You and me and about 2 other people seem to be still hanging on in there. Only 12 days to go - YAY! Will have another linky up tomorrow afternoon Donna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo hard but it really makes you think doesn't it Avril and thank you x

      Delete
  16. Love the jumpsuit on you it looks fab and I must admit I am soo tempted by those tesco how fabulously priced are they?! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I love little shell tops. I'm already planning on how to wear them on holiday hee hee x

      Delete