A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

3.03.2014

A Blogger Meet Up, Twas A Great Day

A while ago a group of established fashion bloggers invited me (yes, little me) to their little annual rendezvous in London which took place on Saturday. My first thought was OMG what does one wear to an event like this. After pondering long and hard I decided to just be me which of course means jeans and a blazer. The top must be baggy, that was a given to accommodate the copious wine and pizza that would inevitably be consumed (and I wasn't wrong, 8 magnums of Prosecco I understand, there were 11 of us!).

We met up from midday at a lovely little restaurant called Mayfair Pizza Co. And these are the ladies that attended:

Avril from SchoolGateStyle
Fiona from Avenue 57
Francis from School Run Style
Helen from The Flaky Fashionista
Joanna from Poppy's Style
Kat from Does My Bum Look 40 In This
Marlene from Cookies and Candies
Michelle from MyFashionable40s
Natalie from Glam Rosie
Sue from Susie So So

All looked amazing in their own stylish way and I loved every single one of them. If you aren't already familiar with their blogs, I would urge you to take a look as each lady brings something different to the fashion table.

I decided on a palette of beige and black and believe it or not, nothing was purchased specifically for the event. My shirt was bought in M&S last year. It has roll up sleeves and a dipped hem at the back. Mint Velvet has a very similar one here. I wore black skinny jeans (these ones), beige Mango jacket (similar here) and my Michael Kors Leopard print boots here and now reduced (sob). I needed a roomy bag and so chose the black Autograph tote (similar here)

Friday night preparations (I've never been so organised). I covered every eventuality; rain, cold and sun


Back view of my outfit (a very early start I hasten to add)


A close up of the print of my blouse which I love (stylish ladies, Mint Velvet has giraffes!!)


Marlene from Cookies and Candies spent time taking our individual photos (she has a humdinger of a camera) and I can't thank her enough. Here is a shot that she captured of me (wow I felt like I was at London Fashion Week or something).


So, what do you think? Did I get it right for a fashion bloggers meet up? Cutting edge it ain't but I felt comfy all day which at may age is probably the singularly most important thing!

Donna x
25 comments on "A Blogger Meet Up, Twas A Great Day"
  1. Sounds like a fab time was had by all Donna & I'm loving your outfit, especially those gorgeous Bet boots - stunning. Hopefully next time I'll be able to make the meet up, although I think I may have to start practising to keep up with you all on the prosecco front!!
    Jane xx
    www.mymidlifefashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Jane right up your street the boots aren't they. You were missed, hope you can come next time x

      Delete
  2. You looked amazing Donna, Marlene is very talented. Although she can't take all the credit, as I loved your outfit. Sounds like it was an amazing day, so dissapointed I couldn't make it. But I'll definitely be there for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trea, I can't take any credit. All I do is capture the moment.

      Delete
  3. Donna what a fab photo, you look so tall like a model, and yes your outfit is also fab. Disappointed I couldn't make it also, definitely would love to attend next time for Maralene's photo and the prosecco, sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks, it was a great day. Look forward to seeing you next time x

      Delete
  4. I love your outfit - its really nice - Special shout out for the shoes - they look great !! Love the photographs too - the shot of you by the s-class is really cool!
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes the s-class, sadly not mine Paul. Marlene is a wonderful photographer x

      Delete
  5. Wow Donna you look stunning! Love everything about your outfit, especially your boots . Gorgeous. Glad you had a good day sounds fantastic to be able to meet up with fellow bloggers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Twas indeed a great day Donna.....brilliant to meet you, so glad to have a fellow newbie alongside me! You looked fabulous, outfit was perfect! Looking forward to the next time :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was so so so fab to see you and you looked GORGEOUS. Loved that blouse - didn't realise it was the MV one and kept meaning to tell you your boots were divine xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, think I needed your hat which I absolutely love x

      Delete
  8. I don't know how I missed your boots - they are stunning! Obviously because we were always sitting on the far side of the table when we talked! So lovely to meet you and thank you for doing my colours...it's changed how I shop...found myself really thinking about it this morning. Lovely post and thanks for the link through. Avril x
    PS I have the same table lap #greatminds x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic Donna - great outfit and those boots are super sexy! Sounds like you had a fab time - how much Prosecco though? I can't take more than a couple of glasses - does my head in - literally! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Jenny, such a lightweight so lots of water was quaffed as well x

      Delete
  10. You really did look super glamorous Donna, it was so lovely to meet you and you are a complete whizz with colours! Looking forward to the next meet up x ps Marlene's photo of you is gorgeous, you look so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says Miss super sexy laid back Francis, thank you so much. Lovely to meet you x

      Delete
  11. You look stunning Donna! Such a gorgeous outfit & perfect for your day out with the Girls! So glad you all had a good time together & I hope to make the next one! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a lovely day Donna. You look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You looked fab Donna! Was a great day wasn't it, so lovely to meet you x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna, you looked gorgeous at the meet - I wish I had more time to sit and talk to you properly. Love the blouse too - I meant to ask you about it - it's the same print used on an Orla Kiely dress which I was hankering after some time back - I thought I recognised it. It's just a little different from the norm isn't it?

    And your legs - amazing!

    ReplyDelete