$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

4.21.2014

Cocktails And White Blazers

I'm back from my very mini mini-break and so thought I would update you on whether my capsule wardrobe (mentioned here) worked. It did! But more about that later. Let's rewind a little to the middle of last week.

I'd already decided that I would take just one jacket, a white blazer as I really didn't have enough room in my case for another. Outfits were therefore planned around this, that is, travelling there and back plus two evenings. All was going swimmingly well until the daughter mentioned that she would be taking her white blazer too. At which point, I had a full on strop. I think looking like ice-cream men was mentioned at one point. We ended up compromising. She could take hers but not travel in it. Phew.

And then my mum-in-law (who was coming along too) rang and asked if she would be warm enough in her white blazer. What is this? White blazer-gate? I ever so gently suggested it might be much more suitable to wear her leather jacket. I needn't have worried, she rocked up in the most fantastic pink floral blazer which I now realise I need too.

The weather was mixed - it always is in April. We had a hot and sunny day, a warm and cloudy day and a chucking-it-down-miserable-Manchester-kind-of-a-day. I am pleased to report that my careful planning paid off and I had sufficient clothes to meet all occasions although I was slightly concerned about the Gazelles getting wet.

I think these pictures tell the story better than I ever could.

Indoors and out, the spa is a welcome relief from the rain.


Lunch on the beach at Tramps Bar. Husband had a sense of humour failure when he got the bill for 100 euros for a dish of paella. Whoops!



The blazer




Cocktails and shenanigans at Astral Cocktail Bar. It seems strange to be drinking alcohol with your daughter but she is nearly 19. Still seems wrong! Our table looked like a garden centre at one point with all the greenery.


You will be pleased to know that the white blazer came back from its travels as clean as it left. Not sure how, but it did.

Here are a selection of similar blazers that I have found online at the moment.




Hope everyone has had a brilliant Easter. I'm off to eat an egg. I have a lot of catching up to do!


Donna x
26 comments on "Cocktails And White Blazers"
  1. Great pictures Donna and you look lovely in your white blazer, blazer-gate made me laugh out loud, how funny! I've never even heard of the places you mention, have I actually spent the last how ever many summers in the same place? I think you had better tell me where that cocktail bar is as I am sure the hens would be happy in there one evening! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tramps Bar is on the beach between the Guadalpin Banus and the town centre (near to Sala Beach Club - use to be Buddha Beach) and you will definitely know Astral Bar - it's the boat thats on the beach near the huge statue on the column (opposite Agent Provocateur) Sharron. Enjoy your stay in a couple of weeks. xx

      Delete
    2. Ah never been near Guadalpin Banus that explains it xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos and you look fab! I love white blazers,so classy:) Lovely photo with your mum in law and daughter also!
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant post .. made me laugh. €100 for paella?? Whooops indeed! You look lovely in all the pics - which white blazer did you buy in the end? And where is that rather gorgeous looking grey/black/yellow top from in the second picture? Details, I need details :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, he wasn't happy. It was suppose to be a quick snack lol I went for the H&M one as it's a relaxed design and hand washable. That top was a mission. I bought it in a slightly differen design last year, it had a funny pleat at the front and then I saw Kat in a much more plain design, same print. It took me 2 weeks to hunt it down. Persistence paid off x

      Delete
  4. All looks absolutely beautiful including you ladies, stunning! Love the white blazer it looks fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It pummels your fat bits!! Maybe we could do our blogger meet up next year in Puerto Banus x

      Delete
  6. Looking gorgeous - and that paella looks incredible - but damn 100 Euros!! You better have enjoyed it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so gorgeous & I hope it was just the tonic Donna! The pic of you 3 lovelies is so gorgeous & you all look so happy together! I've just washed my white jacket bth it looks like I could do with investing in a new one! Some great ones here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just goes to show what a staple a white blazer is if all 3 generations of your family were planning on taking one!! Looks like a fabulous time was had by all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love white blazers, recently got one from Zara. You look so good in yours!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. Where are your' yellow sandals from, Donna, I think they are fab. ( I am having a yellow love in ) I think your' capsule worked a treat. I think My Hubby would have shuddered at the bill too. ;) H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG what a STUNNING mother and daughter you have!
    I am laughing at blazergate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh you look amazing in the white jacket. "sits on credit card" Is that a Clements Ribeiro little top I spy too? I have that and totally love it - so so uesful. Hope you had a fabulous break darling xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos Donna - you've really put that white blazer to good use - looks fab! No idea how you managed to keep it clean though! xx

    ReplyDelete