$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

4.03.2014

Copy Cat

When I receive a new magazine or catalogue the first thing I do is flick through quickly, turning over the top of the page of anything I like. This has been sat on my coffee table for a few weeks now, it's the Hush Spring 14 Collection and I particularly like this look.




I realised at the weekend that actually I already have everything in my wardrobe to recreate it. Now I could have looked all tousled and sexy leaning against a white wall but a) we don't have a white wall and b) she's obviously 30 years younger than me and very beautiful. So in front of the wardrobe doors it is then...





But as temperatures are not on my side today, I have to be realistic, getting old and all that so I swapped the toe posts for pumps and popped a jacket on. And, indeed the shoes will be changed again shortly for sneaky trainer socks and converse to take the dog out.




This is probably as casual as I will ever get! By the way, I don't really have an orange face, it was the light. Bet you go back to check!!

Do you every copy looks that you see in magazines or am I the only sheep?

Ok got to go, I'm working on the sunglasses post.


Donna x




26 comments on "Copy Cat"
  1. That is a great copy (homage.) I love the colour of the top on you. I am a complete sheep and do this all the time. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That saved you a few quid, well done you look fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't it just! I almost ordered from Hush and then realised I didn't need to x

      Delete
  3. It's a great moment when you admire a look the realise you can create it without spending a £! I have coloured trainers already for example so it's a "trend" I can go with for free. You look very comfy in this, perfect for lazy Sundays with the toe posts I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great isn't it. So cold today though, can't see the sandals coming out for a while x

      Delete
  4. Oh yes very good copying indeed and for £100 less!
    I did go back and check your orange face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fact that you have nicked the styling and all for a fraction of the cost! You look superb! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeay so more money to spend on something else. Thanks Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rolling up of the bottoms, off to try that, so yes, I am a sheep! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good call, you look fab in the outfit, what gorgeous colours on you xx fab inspro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think you pulled that off beautifully and saved yourself some money which Hush probably won't thank you for.

    And I'm going to stick my neck out here but peachy/corals are one of your colours aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are indeed correct Sue. It's a warm colour and I have a warm skin tone x

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous!!! I love slim sweat pants & what a great style steal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did go back to check and can't see any orange anyway! You look great in you 'magazine outfit'! I love those rolled up bottoms! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look and you have recreated it brilliantly. I'm not very good at doing this, but will definitely have a go as I'm sure that sometimes I could it!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! A great style up from yourself and I'm loving the 2nd outfit with the jacket and ballet pumps, you look lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always find I pin things on Pinterest and realise I have the exact outfit at home! So good to get inspiration...I love the Hush Look Books too, they're always styled really beautifully....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can happily lose myself in Pinterst for a few hours a day x

      Delete