$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

5.04.2014

Printed 'Co-Ords' And A Gemini Blogger Style Challenge

I've been on the hunt for weeks for a matching print top and trousers  or 'co-ords' as my delightful daughter reliably informs me. But the prints are so darn loud, so loud they scream out and certainly give me a headache. I refuse to wear cucumbers or pineapples or even bright pink palm trees.

So imagine my delight when Gemini-Woman got in touch and asked me to be part of their Sandwich Collection summer blogger style-off and it's all about......the printed trouser. I was hoping and praying there would be a matching top because from my knowledge of Sandwich, the prints are much more soft and muted. There was, and I wasn't disappointed. 


Let's start with the pattern. It's called Dot Print in Driftwood which I think is a perfect name. The colours are taupe, ivory and turquoise. The fabric is a soft cotton mix and can be washed at 30 degrees so no running to the dry cleaners every week. 

I chose a medium in the bottoms and 38 in the top and there's lots of room (I could probably have sized down in both), I'm normally a size 10-12. The trousers have a good length, perfect for my height of 5 ft 8 but if they are too long, just roll them up. The top is edged in taupe with a plain taupe back. I was a little concerned about the volume around the top of the trousers but they drape to perfection without looking bulky around the tummy area. I think this is due to the neat waist band which isn't over-elasticated if you get my drift.






So, how did I style them? The pattern although muted is still doing the talking so I kept everything else light. White shoes and blazer, over-sized pearl necklace and I couldn't resist putting on turquoise metallic bangles to pull out the colour of the print (it's my Colour Me Beautiful days still coming out of me). I turned up the trousers to give a more relaxed feel. My daughter pointed out that with the jacket on, it looks like a jumpsuit. I'm happy with that...a jumpsuit look without the faff.



This whole 'co-ord' stuff is a triumph in versatility. Wear them together for an on-trend look and as separates to create whole new outfits, dress up, dress down. It's up to you!  I'm thinking these would work so well on holiday. The combinations of wears are endless. For now, I'm enjoying wearing them together.

There is a downside of course. This whole outfit is too comfortable for words. Skinny jeans somehow seem like torture in comparison. We have a long haul holiday planned soon and I would be more than happy to wear this whole outfit to travel in. You never know, I might get an upgrade (sorry-not-sorry family).

Take a look at my blogging pals,  Jane at My Midlife Fashion and Beth Style Guile to see how they  styled the pants. I can't wait to see their choice of top.

Why not pop over to Gemini and have a look at their new summer collection. There's 10% off any purchases you make using code GEMSLUDGE10 * and free delivery for orders over £75.

Donna x

*This code is valid for 1 month from 4th May to be redeemed against full price products and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

23 comments on "Printed 'Co-Ords' And A Gemini Blogger Style Challenge"
  1. WOW, Donna you look amazing. I would NEVER have looked twice at this before but it goes to show that clothes seen on real women do help sell them. I absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much I loved the top and bottoms together under the blazer Fiona xx

      Delete
  2. One of your best looks! I love this on you. Curious as to how this ties in with your season and clothes personality? Because in my opinion, this is you at your finest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks Nanette that's so kind of you. I'm a City Chic personality and don't wear many bold patterns. Muted prints are so hard to come by in my colour palette. These co-ords are perfect. I would definitely dress like this in the summer - don't you think it's a perfect outfit for an evening wedding reception? Darn, I don't have a wedding to go to this year xx

      Delete
  3. Love how you've styled the trousers with the matching top Donna & with the jacket they really do look like it's a jumpsuit. So funny how we've both thought they'd be idea for travelling in but they REALLY would - so comfy & stylish to = perfect!!!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me laugh out very loud Jane when I read your post. You can't actually describe how comfortable these trousers are can you. Reckon I'll get an upgrade????? xx

      Delete
  4. Love the "co-ords" a term I also familiar with thanks to the girls! Love this for a summer night out Donna, really nice, you rock the co ords! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you are so down there with the lingo Sharron. It's great having daughters isn't it. Thanks, yes I think it's a perfect summer night outfit too xx

      Delete
  5. I am very matchy-matchy so this is right up my street Donna!! Perfectly styled!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a wonderful, wonderful outfit and looks so good. Love the pattern on the top and trousers - especially the touches of turquoise, and the top & trousers look great with the white jacket and shoes .
    Cool
    :0)
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit looks amazing on you, really love it. I am on the look out for a matching top and trews but haven't found the right one yet!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO so so gorgeous on you, it really does. honestly think it's the nicest thing I've seen you in! Please tell me you get to keep it?! If not you must buy it, it's perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's stunning. Really, really gorgeous. As Kat says, I hope you got to keep it, cos if not you have to buy it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the co-ords look on you Donna, you carry it so well! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna I LOVE this - it looks like a jumpsuit!!! Totally great colors too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great on you Donna - especially like the 'jumpsuit' effect with the jacket! The 'co-ords' thing is just the sort of phrase my daughter will be using in a few years! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look really lovely Donna. You look way taller than 5"8 as well. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning in this Donna! So glad your search is over! The print & colours are perfect on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are soooo working the matchy look Donna, styled to perfection. I love the trousers and top on you, it looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very nice summery outfit, and quite classy with the jacket. Needs the colourful accessories, though, so you're blue/green bangles are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the light colours. Great look for summer vacation but I also love the stylish dressed up version with your white blazer.

    Annette | Lady of Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just perfect! I honestly wouldn't have picked that from the website but seeing it on you and how you've styled it, it's stunning and you're going to get great wear from each item separately too I'm guessing. The benefit of it looking like a jumpsuit, but not really being one - that and the toileting stuff...you know where I'm coming from :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzer I absolutely love you in these - you look STUNNING! Fabulous colours, I love those muted tones and yes I thought it was a jumpsuit as well at first.

    Giggling about 'co-ords' I'll have to adopt that terminology!

    ReplyDelete