A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

6.20.2014

A White Lace Blouse & Denim

Pinterest! Are you a voyeur like me? I love Pinterest. Not as a participant, purely for spectating purposes. Those young whipper-snapper females seem to make style look effortless and I'm just a little bit jealous.

My current obsession is white/off-white/ivory/cream lace and here are some current images from Pinterest.







You will notice that the images I have chosen have two things in common:

1. White lace tops
2. Denim

That's because this is my favourite combination. I don't want to look prissy so I tend to wear my lace tops with distressed denim. It makes the whole look a little more current. 

Here is my interpretation:



I know, I know, I always look too neat. I've even tried to mess my hair up but I can't get that 'just got out of bed and look how cool I look' look. By the way, they are real glasses (I don't make a habit of wearing sunnies in doors). The blouse, shoes and bag are old. The jeans can be found here.

I love how the detail at the bottom of the top runs right through to the arms too. It appeals to my sense of neatness - doh!




So, what's out there on the High Street at the moment?


The shorter length would work great with denim cut offs whilst the longer vest hides the belly.





Only small available online but they may have more sizes in the shop.







One to put in the wardrobe for autumn. Love the oversized look with skinny jeans and ankle boots. 






Ok, this isn't going to set your wardrobe on fire but it's a pretty useful top to wear under jackets. I'd wear it with distressed skinnies (again) and my tan leather biker jacket.




A boxier top and I think the more modern cut would work well with cigarette pants as well as jeans.







Divine! 




Pure gorgeousness (and with my colour analyst hat on, the tones of the top, jewellery and jeans are perfect for her). I'd still prefer to see it with denim though.




And the back....




So, that was a quick zoom around the 'net' to see what's out there. Can you find better? 

A guest model next time, I need to condense 100s of photographs to a dozen, bear with me.

Here's to barbecues, wine and good weather this weekend. Cheers.


Donna x




29 comments on "A White Lace Blouse & Denim"
  1. You look AMAZING Donna - wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, I love lace with denim too. I think you look just great being "neat"!!!
    Have a great weekend Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surround myself in neatness much to my 'messy' family's dismay. Thank you, hope you have a good weekend too x

      Delete
  3. Hi Donna, Love your posts. Some really lovely lace tops in New Look at the moment ( saw when shopping with daughter). Particularly like Cream Guipre double layer shell top which has matching skirt. Too much of Tecnothickie to share

    Lynne51

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne. I'm taking my son shopping next week, New Look being one of his destinations as they have some seriously cool men's t-shirts. I will stop by the ladies department to have a look. Oh yes, the little top and skirt is divine, something Wendy over at Thank Fifi blog would look absolutely gorgeous in.

      Delete
  4. I love this post as I'd already thought of wearing my lace Anthropogie top with boyfriend jeans tonight, so the pics have been good inspiration, not that I will look like any if them, but hey!
    Love your lacey blouse
    A xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Abbi you must post it so I can have a look x

      Delete
  5. From one pinterest fan to another - I love love your top! I know you say it is old but where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I always feel slightly weird drooling over the lovely girls on there - I just want to be young again. My top was from Spain, a little boutique in Puerto Banus x

      Delete
  6. Forever 21 (of all places!) have some lovely sleeveless lace tops at the moment - have bought 3 this week. First ever purchase from Forever 21 and love them all. Have also ordered a gorgeous navy blue lace top from Anthropologie this week (sale is on) - search under Butterfly tank. Looking forward to wearing them all with denim... Ana xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about Forever 21. There's a huge one in Trafford Centre which I occasionally go in with the daughter but never think to look online. The Butterfly Tank is drool-worthy. So many ways you could wear it. It's gorgeous x

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a favourite with me at the moment. I just don't think you can go wrong and I am totally with you about the white lace top needing to be with denim (and distressed is best.) I think you have mastered the look with your' version, without a doubt. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Pinterest and love this look! Love a lace top with some distressed denim....outfit perfection! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naturally I like the one from House of Fraser, honestly I always pick the most expensive stuff it is so annoying! Your top looks lovely Donna, you look lovely and yes you do always look neat but it is a knack not everyone can achieve so be proud of that, put the same outfit on me and I wouldn't look neat! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust you Sharron. I try so hard not to but can't pull off that look x

      Delete
  11. Donna come round ours and neaten me up please? I always look so messy and not in a good way! Love this look, absolutely love it and you look amazing as always! Wonder if I could get away with wearing this look with dark denim as I myself am the messy item! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha Jenny. Your nails always look fab on the blog x

      Delete
  12. Oh I laughed at your neatness comment! I can't do messy, or boho, or bedhead, or crumpled ... or anything that necessitates NOT using the iron!!! Hell, I'm worse than you .. I can't even do distressed!!! I too, am a Neat Freak when it comes to dressing. So, I love the lace and denim look. Sadly (as yet) I can't wear it, but if I could, I think it's the Anthropologie one that would get my vote x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm like you, I think I'd have to do this style of top with denim to counterbalance the 'prettiness' . You look stunning, even if you can't pull if the messy look! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the look. I do love a bit of lace detailing. Pinterest is great for finding inspiration.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too and Pinterest is ace. What did we do without it? x

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous Darl! You look amazing! I love this look so much & that last blouse is stunning! Ax

    ReplyDelete