A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

6.18.2014

Animal Print T-Shirt Dress from F&F Aka Tesco For FIVE POUNDS

I popped into the 'big' Tesco Extra yesterday for photo copying paper and on the way to the stationery section, this little number caught my eye

F&F Animal Print T-Shirt Dress £5








Of course I had to stop and take a closer look. Originally £10, now just £5. Perfect, you're coming with me I said. Just what I'm looking for, for the holidays. Not dissimilar to the Whistles shell dress last year (it's slightly boxier than it looks in the first picture) although of course not the same material. This one is a viscose mix. I had it screwed up in a bag and it came out looking pretty darn good. Oh and it's designed AND made in good old Blighty. Quite incredible for the price.

I had intended to wear it for sightseeing during the day and then demote to a day dress at the hotel the following week. But, but, I'm going to see if I can make it work for an evening dress first of all.

I'm thinking...

Yellow Carvela Sandals £85
Black Quilted Bag Marks & Spencer now £20
Black & Gold Cuff Betty Jackson @ Debenhams now £12
Banana Republic Luxe Links Necklace now £29.99

And for the pool....


River Island @ ASOS Fedora £18 
Next Black Sunglasses £10
Jane Norman @ House of Fraser Monochrome Beach Bag £38
Next Yellow Bikini Top £12 & Bottoms £8
Next Strappy Toe Thongs £16


I'm probably barking but I'll give it a go later. Right now there's a barbecue with my name on it. Loving this weather.

I didn't have much time to browse but did notice a yellow striped t-shirt almost identical (except for the zip at the back) to the one I have from M&S. It's been reduced to £3 in store but I can't find it online. This is the M&S one to give you an idea.



Oh and the photo copying paper? I forgot all about that.

Go forth and shop for your lettuce summer stuff at Tesco (never thought I'd say that)!


Footnote:

Ok just had a few minutes to play with the dress. This would be my city day-dress look. What do you think? Could I get away with wearing it 3 times on holiday? Getting my monies worth lol.




Donna x








12 comments on "Animal Print T-Shirt Dress from F&F Aka Tesco For FIVE POUNDS"
  1. £5 for that fab dress, now that is a steal, amazing find!! Loving you blue flat shoes too that look great on xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bargain!! Love your styling ideas for it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer to that is YES and now I'm off to Tesco ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a find Donna, a total steal!
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. What a bargain. It suits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your styling is spot on Donna! I can see this is going to mean a trip to Tesco's for me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - I went in for some ;lettuce' yesterday too...and bought a dress and a top - £15 the lot. Sure you couldn't beat it with a big stick. LOVE the dress on you - I reckon you could wear it as much as you like on hols. It's the perfect neutral pattern Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried to comment from my phone last night but there was no comment box? Any way Donna, I love this dress, complete bargain and it looks amazing not just on you but your styling ideas. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you most definitely could and what a bargain!

    Well at least you have an excuse to back for another look if you still need your copying paper.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great buy! Funnily enough I just picked up a leopard print dress from eBay the other day so I'll be trying out some of your styling techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great dress, black and white are so easy to style up too. Off to see if its still available. Loving those blue shoes once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fab dress & total bargain Donna! I love it! I bet you got in trouble for forgetting the paper though! lol! Ax

    ReplyDelete