A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

8.20.2014

I Might Be A Teeny Weeny Bit In Love With An Oversized Shirt

Can't help myself can I? It's a form of self-torture, looking through magazines and online when I'm on a spending ban this month. Anyway, I saw this and I think I might be in love. The black stripe running down the sleeves is an absolute triumph and is more than a hint to the sport luxe trend in a very different way. It certainly takes a pretty-but-nothing-special top to a whole new level.

French Connection Anastasia Crepe Collared Top £75



Pair of long, long black skinny trousers (no crops for this look, the length of the shirt and crops will shorten the leg), heeled sandals, shoes, ankle boots indeed whatever tickles your fancy and bobs your uncle. A cracking little outfit.  And there's me moaning in the comments on my previous post that sleeves are always too short...I take that back.





That's it from me today. Have a good one.



Donna x
14 comments on "I Might Be A Teeny Weeny Bit In Love With An Oversized Shirt"
  1. I love the print on this! French Connection always have some lovely things in for A/W, I just wish they were a little less pricier x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do don't they. But they also have good sales! x

      Delete
  2. LOVE that. I love an oversized shirt with a slim fitted blazer over it. The print on this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for not breaking the spending ban Donna!! It must be torture to keep seeing such lovely things!! I've managed not to buy anything for 4 weeks....whoop whoop! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pat myself on the back when I get to 4 weeks Michelle although a little birdie tells me you may have bought something this week????? x

      Delete
  4. Can't beat an oversized shirt, especially with my figure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep this up & we will all be bankrupt by the 2nd week of September! Another gorgeous find & I love the print! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my head is swimming what to buy first x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stripe down the side makes it so much more special - love it and think it should be first on your list after the spending ban!
    Abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so on my page Abbi, the stripe did it for me too x

      Delete
  8. I like it a lot. Curse these spending bans!! P x

    ReplyDelete