$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

8.04.2014

I Want To Be In The Gray & Osbourn Gang

Oh yes I do. Especially when they send me this little beauty to style.

Gerry Weber Mock Suede Biker Jacket


I mean, come on how utterly gorgeous is that! It's got a lot going on for it. First of all, the fit. It's definitely true to size, mine is a size 12 and has room for layering underneath (I'm normally between a 10 and 12). And then there's the biker style. So easy to dress up and down. Perfect with jeans and ankle boots during the day and over a smarter dress and heels for an edgier look in the evening.

But let's talk about the colour, G&O call it taupe, I'd call it mocha. We both agree on mink. It's what I call a very clever colour and suits every single palette. Deeps can go to town wearing moody, darker shades underneath (a forest green dress would look stunning) and yet it doesn't overwhelm blonde haired ladies (Lights) as they can wear it with a simple ivory shirt. Warms get to wear all their autumnal colours, oranges, khakis, bronzes and golds and Cools (grey haired and cooled skinned ladies) well something in cerise would be fab. Softs, that's me, could opt for a more tonal look with a nude pink and finally Clears could wear any of their jewel colours although sapphire would look particularly good. See what I mean, so clever! There aren't many colours that can do that. I'd be happy to recommend this colour to everyone! If I'm talking gobbledygook, have a look at this post here.

I love the detailing on the arms, a kind of cut out crochet effect. Thankfully the designers have opted to insert lining so it isn't see-through. I always find jackets with see through arms really difficult to style and there have been many on the High Street this year.

The material is the softest, touchy-feely fabric ever. Such a luxury to wear. Can you tell, I really love this jacket. I'm so excited to style it over the autumn months - not that I'm wishing the sun would do-one or anything! It seems I may have competition too. The 18 year old walked in to my bedroom, took one look at it and said "I'll be wearing that". Hmmm we'll see.

So today I was wearing a pink snake print cami top and shell pink skinnies. As it turned a little cooler this evening I slipped on the jacket. Perfect.




Did I say, I adore the arm detail!


I'm going to be keeping my eye on the Gray & Osbourn  website as I need a new coat this year and one or two are already tickling my fancy.



Outtake alert:

I thought it would be great to include a brown accessory, except he was having none of it! Ah well Thank Fifi I'm not and never will be!


A few more little favourites that I've spotted on the Gray & Osbourn website

Top Row: Betty Barclay Sparkle Knit Jumper Olsen Zebra Print Blouse Cefalu Buckle Ankle Boots
Bottom Row: Gerry Weber Georgette Top Taifun Jacquard Knit Jacket Smith & Canova Leather Cross Body Bag

On the purchase front, I'm doing ok. I've not caved yet although I think the receipt of my Marks and Spencer reward vouchers has helped (if in doubt refer to rule number 7). I have my wish list number 2 item to share with you later in the week. It's not from M&S so a slight amendment to number 7 may be needed. I'm thinking along the lines of using the vouchers to buy food from M&S and then the money I would have spent can be challenged my way. Devious old game being a woman isn't it.

Donna x









24 comments on "I Want To Be In The Gray & Osbourn Gang"
  1. Hi Donna, what a fab jacket, and I love how you have styled it, I particularly liked the four legged accessory . Biker style jackets are so useful and work with so much, love the detailing on the sleeves.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they Sue. I know I will wear this so much over the coming season. The dog always plays up for the camera and not in a good way x

      Delete
  2. That jacket is gorgeous Donna - really stunning! Perfect shape and love the detailing on the arms. Styled perfectly! Off for a closer look now :)
    Ax
    PS I've never seen such creative rule bending in my entire life....you are a geg! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. And even nicer in real life...if that's possible. If you think hard enough, most rules can be 'bent' to suit mwahahahahahahahaha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous jacket Donna it looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous jacket. #styleenvy

    As for the 'rule bending' Serious respect! I'm in awe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous jacket, it looks lovely and soft! I love your other picks as well...off to check out the website :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some lovely stock in at the moment x

      Delete
  7. Can't go wrong with a biker-style jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow... that jacket is to die for! Gorgeous!! if that was mine i think it would be a firm fixture on my back! haha
    great colour too, it must go so well with so many colours!XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's going to be a bit like the son's new football shirt - never off my back. Xx

      Delete
  9. Great staple for Autumn....perfect colour too! Loving the rule bending antics too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not yet raiding the kids money boxes but that's an option!?!?

      Delete
  10. Lovely colours as you've styled it for you.

    Very interesting to read about Colour Me Beautiful in the link … when I had my colours done years ago there were only four seasons. (Was Spring. Now seem to be Soft. Although some Lights look like my colours too, especially the one I've always thought of as "Marks & Spencers Pink".) Do you stick to the rules all the time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gawd no. I am such a rule breaker but I kind of know my boundaries. For example you wouldn't find me in a really loud, dark print. If I'm wearing say plain black I tend to take my hair away from my face and put on a slightly stronger blusher (I know, I know, it's naughty but sometimes you just want to wear a bit of black). There are now 6 palettes in CMB which makes it less prescriptive. Good observation, there are about 14 colours that overlap in the soft/light palettes x

      Delete
  11. Simply gorgeous on you!!!! absolutely love the arm detail, I think it looks just perfect for anytime of the year xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab jacket Donna....that will go with loads for A/W :)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab little jacket and perfect for in between seasons! I thought my rule bending was shocking but you win! A xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous jacket Donna - love the colour! And love the 'brown accessory' - he's got such a lovely big head - what a lovely fella! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous jacket, Donna. It looks quite grey to me which wouldnt work for me (I'm autumn colours). Love how youve styled it. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete