$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

9.14.2014

Altuzarra For Target Has Arrived At Net-A-Porter

But you'd better get your skates on. I've missed out on the satin trimmed stretch skinny pants and the satin trimmed velvet blazer in crimson (looks more claret to me but hey what do I know).

So what have I ordered. Well these...

Altuzarra For Target, Net-A-Porter



The collection is all a bit dark and moody except for the flash of white and pale blue that makes an appearance in 3 different garments. I'm not bowled over but thought I'd give it a go out of sheer nosiness more than anything!!

The blouses and shirt will all sit very nicely in my wardrobe. The sweatshirt oh lordy, what am I going to do with that - black and bold!! But given my dress challenge in yesterday's post, I'll try it and do a show and tell.

I contemplated ordering the khaki trench but took it out of my basket before checkout. I like it, I really do but in hindsight khaki is a bit blerrrrr for me so small doses only. I know it wouldn't be my first choice - I'd always find something better to wear in my wardrobe.

Contrast Sleeve Trench Coat £90




Anyway, here is what I wore yesterday for a day out shopping with mum. The top is black, yes black. I don't really do black (what's going on!) but I'm a little fed up of charcoal and navy at the moment. It's from ME&EM and is currently in the sale. You can't really see from the photo but it has quite a long dipped hem at the back. Mine is a Medium and it is very slouchy (in a good way). Jeans are M&S and bag Fiorelli (no longer available).





ME&EM V-Neck Oversize Tee Now £19




Are you going to give Altuzarra For Target a whirl? Which items are you coveting?

Enjoy your Sunday, off for lunch shortly yum.

Donna x
10 comments on "Altuzarra For Target Has Arrived At Net-A-Porter"
  1. I ordered the same black orchid sweatshirt actually. I'm not worried about it being black, I'm worried about the whacking big flower on the front but I thought it would make a nice change from my plain tops. We shall see. I did contemplate the blue shirt but decided I would like that better in a fine cotton instead - I don't do dressy very well. Be good to see how you get on with the black sweatshirt in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had a quick look on your say so.....completely out of my comfort zone but I love the python pencil skirt! Wouldn't that look great with a plain black tee and the M&S caged sandals?? All I need now is somewhere to wear it! Have to say the whole range looks pretty good! Great post Donna! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the orchid sweatshirt Donna & think it will look great on you as will the other pieces too! I agree with Michelle it is a bit far out but I like the burgandy coloured dress...or my inner hippy does! Love your long sleeve tee too! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop trying to tempt us. You look stunning in the black top, white jeans, fab bag combo. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the snakeprint pencil skirt. I don't do skirts. Shame x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice bag, that totally makes this outfit.
    Can I say I'm not at all impressed with the Target collection - I want to say 'granny'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be interested to see what you think of the quality when they arrive. Having lived in the US, I would put Target clothes on a par with Primark, so I wouldn't have high hopes. However, you are looking tres chic in your monchrome outfit and gorgeous bag X

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic here, Donna. I'd seen this on Poppy's Style blog - some great pieces. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love the orchid sweater, I would have ordered that, but am not buying any sweatshirts, not even one! You look great in your new top, love the leopard ballet pumps too.
    A x

    ReplyDelete