$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

9.19.2014

Bill Skinner, He's Your Man...If You're In The Market For Costume Jewellery!


Toby at Bill Skinner Studio contacted me recently, last month actually to let me know that the new Autumn range would soon be available. Thanks Toby, I was on a spending ban at the time. Seems tantalisingly cruel doesn't it!

I came across Bill Skinner jewellery sometime last year as I was browsing ASOS. They had a small collection and I immediately fell in love with the fresh, quirky designs. A purchase was made...

Bill Skinner Mini Panther Charm Pendant £50 





I love the back of it so much so that I occasionally wear it back to front.



My next purchase soon followed. It's the honeycomb necklace.



I would be a very rich lady if I had a pound for every time someone has commented on it. I'm a little bit over statement necklaces, preferring something smaller at the moment.  The detail is beautiful, you can't actually see it on my photo. Sadly this one isn't available anymore but there are similar ones.

Baby Bee and Honeycomb Orb Gold Pendant (love this so much)



You can really see the exquisite detail on this one

Baby Bee Pendant Gold




I put this bracelet on my Christmas list last year (or birthday, I can't remember now).

Snow Leopard Running Bracelet



Isn't it just the most beautiful thing EVER. Anyway, suffice to say, I didn't get it. My husband doesn't do internet shopping. To be honest I don't blame him as I'd find a way of getting into the parcel to take a peek. Of course it would be perfectly sealed back up when he arrived home! Don't tell me you've never done that.

Back in May I was fortunate to meet Bill and his wife at the Spirit of Summer Fair in London. It was lovely to see the whole collection on display and the couple are truly delightful.

So, what's caught my eye in the new Autumn Collection.

White Tiger Bracelet £95

Stunning isn't it. It's one of those pieces that you would wear over and over again.



White Tiger Tassel Necklace £95


Mrs Skinner was wearing a similar tassel necklace in blue when I met her over a blue patterned kimono style top (yes these things register with me). She looked simply stunning and I have to say, a flat photo like this really doesn't do this piece justice.




Rabbit Pendant £95

How utterly cute and fun is this. And the attention to detail is extraordinary. I love it.



Rabbit Bangle £90

And I think I might love the rabbit bangle even more.



If gold is more you thing...

Acorn Pendant £45

A gold tone crystal set into 18ct gold plated pewter. Gosh, it's just fishing for compliments this one isn't it. Love love love. I think this is going on the wish list.



Dog Charm Bracelet £75

Another fun piece. You know when you're sat on a train bored out of your head. This is something that would keep you entertained, I'm sure you would find a new detail every time you look at it.



Squirrel Nut Locket £85


And when you open it up.....there's a baby squirrel all curled up inside.



That's just a small selection of Bill's designs. Go and have a look for yourself. It's a really beautiful range inspired by nature and wildlife. Pure craftsmanship. Items you'll have for ever and ever.

Toby has also provided a discount code for me and you to use. Quote IWWSB14 at the checkout to receive 10% off your order (valid until the end of September 2014). Thanks Toby.

A quick outfit update. I promised to style the H&M Joggers with a blazer. Got to say this was such a comfy outfit and a lovely change from skinny jeans. And they've washed really well for £14.99!


Styled with an old military style blazer, Boden cross the body bag, yellow sandals and Breton from Next.




Anyway, the Net-A-Porter package has arrived (I paid £8 for next day delivery on Sunday, it's Friday today!) so I'll do a show and tell of the Altuzarra for Target next time. I'm not holding out much hope to be honest.

Have a good weekend.


Donna x





19 comments on "Bill Skinner, He's Your Man...If You're In The Market For Costume Jewellery!"
  1. Some really gorgeous pieces. I'm pretty much over the statement necklace as well at this stage, so I'm more than happy to look at alternatives. Off immediately to have a browse on his site. Fingers crossed he posts overseas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm literally alternating between my two BS necklaces and every so often throw on a 'smaller' statement necklace.

      Delete
  2. I really like the charm bracelet with the dogs on it, its so cute and different! do the chains come in a longer length? love catwalkschoolgates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might want to send Bill or Toby an email to check. My necklaces can be worn slightly shorter or longer depending on where you clasp it x

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the bees and the acorns. Just beautiful. Your outfit looks brilliant too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it all, that's the problem Liz. One minute I'm putting the acorn on my to buy list and then I change to the rabbit. Thanks, I think I could live in those joggers, they're so comfy x

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Jewellery Donna I particularly love the tassel necklace and adore your super stylish outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful jewellery - I love all of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're such unique pieces, aren't thry? I love all of the bumble bee pendants. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Baby Bumble Bee & the acorn! They were such a lovely couple weren't they & it was so nice to see his collection up close! Your bee pendant is just gorgeous & I know how much you love it! I need a lottery win!! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  8. The acorn with the tiny squirrel in is too cute!! You are looking fab in the joggers....love them with the military jacket xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely jewellery Donna, as a bee keeper the bee pieces are a must.
    Sue x
    Bestfriendstyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those joggers - love! Especially the cuff part at the bottom. The jewellery is lovely, so really unique designs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such an interesting range of jewellery, feels quite 'different' to the usual. I love the snow leopard bracelet - maybe this Christmas you'll be lucky?? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely jewellery pieces Donna - love your bee/honeycomb necklace! Think I'm going to end up getting these or similar joggers - I like the cuff at the bottom too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice dress is there having any discount code like Debenhams Discount Code regards

    ReplyDelete