$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

10.21.2014

A Breton Bargain And A Wax Jacket Plea

Quickest post ever from me...

Wandering around M&S last night as you do when the youngling is at football practice and I happen to chance upon the stripy jewelled breton top from the Autograph range reduced from £55 to £19.90. There were tons of them in my local M&S. Either it's a rubbish fit or the little elf that puts in the orders, was somewhat over zealous!

Anyway, I can't find it online at all but there were more than plenty in store. I've seen this particular top splashed all over the fashion magazines and blogs so you might catch yourself a bargain.








Now it's your turn to return the favour, anyone seen a parker or warm-lined wax jacket with a huge cream fur hood? Please do share.

I tried the M&S wax jacket on last night which is much better in the flesh than online. 

Here it is online in khaki. I wouldn't have given this a second glance. 


It so isn't shiny, more waxy in real life and the hood isn't as ginger. Not loving the models styling either.





I'm wearing a size 10, roomy enough to wear with a sweatshirt.



And in the burgundy which is much more of a true representation.





Slightly better on the styling front, I hope she's got some chunky biker boots on.



 I quite like the burgundy although I had my heart set on green or navy (this one comes in navy too but I didn't try it on).



I know there are tons out there but I can't find one that is really warm with a ginormous cream fur trimmed hood. Not a lot to ask for is it?


Donna x
17 comments on "A Breton Bargain And A Wax Jacket Plea"
  1. I bought the top and returned it as it didn't sit right around the neckline. However I would of sized up but it had then sold out, I wouldn't of minded it looser, I think they are coming up a bit small at the moment or I'm getting fatter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm sounds like it could be a fit problem Sharron x

      Delete
  2. I wanted it, but none left around our way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems strange that there aren't any on the website doesn't it x

      Delete
  3. The amount of trawling the net I have done for coats I should be able to tell you straight off where to find your Holy Grail parka Donna.....but I am totally befuddled as I have looked at so much! I think ASOS would be you best best though! I do love that embellished Breton, you've given me another excuse to pop into town tomorrow ;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Michelle. I have a half written coat post, I got fed up of looking tbh x

      Delete
  4. I love the burgundy one - so unusual for a Parka!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been on a mission to find the perfect parka for what seems like forever, but I think I may have found it at Banana Republic. I had my heart set on this khaki one:

    http://bananarepublic.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=40924&vid=1&pid=000129409H114-17891

    It's fur-lined through the front as well as the hood and is not waxed as such, but has that sort of sheen, if you see what I mean?

    In the end I went to try it and fell for this black one instead:

    http://bananarepublic.gap.co.uk/browse/product.do?cid=40924&vid=1&pid=000184773H114-17810

    It's fully lined with cream fur and stood up to gales, hail, thunder and lightning today with no problems! I can't say how waterproof it would be for extended wear in the rain - I was just dashing in and out of the supermarket - but it kept me warm and dry. The hood is huge too, I absolutely love it! If you sign up for emails in the store or online they'll give you 15% off, and I got a loyalty card in store with three escalating discounts on a £50 spend. (I can't remember exactly what they were, just that the third one was £20 off £50 or more) It would look lovely with that breton, too ;-)

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot about BR - thank you! I love, love, love how the black one is styled. I want the whole outfit x

      Delete
  6. I love this at Mint Velvet - but it's £189. Shame that 15% discount has finished! I ended up ordering the graphite biker coat with fur hood and it's gorgeous, extremely warm too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had clocked the MV one, it is a bit pricey but gorgeous isn't it. Also want to get a more formal coat but if I ditch that idea the MV will be on the agenda. Thanks Susan x

      Delete
  7. Sorry, I forgot to give you the link! http://www.mintvelvet.co.uk/black-waxed-parka/coats-jackets/mint-v/fcp-product/4540

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that waxed green parka. I've tried on so many recently and am not convinced about any - might have to try this one on. Is it padded and warm enough? Love the Breton too - bargain! Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was going to say that Mama Shaz had returned that top due to poor fitting! Such a shame as it really is lovely! The burgandy colour coat is amazing! My BFF tried a zillion parkas recently & one had a white hood! I shall ask her & get back to you but I think Michelle could be right so check out ASOS! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I knew of any I'd let you know Donna - like the green parka on you though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So did you buy the Breton? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete