A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

10.26.2014

Blogger's Block So A Weekly Round UP Instead

I thought it was going well earlier in the week, 3 posts in 3 days and then bang....the block hit. Don't get me wrong, there's lots to write about. Too much actually. I mean, I'm on the hunt for not one but two new coats. I've a new pair of grey jeans to style, and don't get me started on the Mango order. I normally plan my posts on the dog walk but honestly I'm flitting from coats to dresses to footwear at the rate of knots. My head has the makings of the sequel to Tolstoy's War & Peace. In fact I have enough material for versions 2, 3 and 4.

So, let me collect my thoughts together and I'll be back. In the meantime, I've been trying really hard to wear lots of past season clothes from my wardrobe. It's actually been quite refreshing! Here is a round up of my week.

My lovely old silk Zara dress worn with leggings and a new-ish Maison Scotch jacket. The daughter had 'borrowed' my better leggings. These are a tad too short and I spent the day pulling them down.



 I obviously slept in the boots and necklace as I wore them again the following day. With an old and much loved pair of faux leather brown leggings bought from Amazon of all places. These have got to be the best purchase ever. They're high waisted, keep their shape and are amazingly comfy. I'll give you the link here, but you mustn't laugh...they're described as sexy - lol. Worn with an oversized cream jumper from H&M.




I tried on this waxed parka in Marks and Spencer (link here). It also comes in burgundy and blue. This is one of the things currently swimming around in my head. Looks hideous online but much, much nicer in real life. I went back in on Friday and they're selling out fast. What to do????????





I played dress up on Thursday. Felt a complete plonker so didn't leave the house in the hat. I'll try again next week! (Popped in to Primark yesterday in Leeds and they had similar hats for less than a tenner I think). Same boots again worn with a Zara blazer from about 5 years ago. As much as I slate Zara for some of their shoddy workmanship, my jackets from there owe me nothing.




I turfed out a past season top from Wallis which I love. The sleeves are overly long, a luxury that I often don't have being of a lanky nature. Worn with grey leggings....oh and those boots!!!



Phew, a change of footwear,  5 year old tan boots that I've purposely never polished as I want them to look really old and worn in. It's taken a long time! Worn with white M&S jeans and black Me&Em slouchy top. Indoor photo as the weather was vile.



And finally today, a gilet from Per Una last year, Ash wedges from 2 years ago and a burgundy top. The faux leather trousers are H&M which I wouldn't recommend. They're fabulously warm but after a couple of hours, travel south so I'm constantly pulling them up. Bag is Autograph from last year.




Looking at my colour palette this week, I can honestly say that I'm embracing autumn! I captured this photo on the iPad from my garden the other evening so it's not great quality but it was quite spectacular.




And this morning...(the colours will get better and better as the days go by).


I love autumn. Do you? Right off to sort my head out.


Donna x
17 comments on "Blogger's Block So A Weekly Round UP Instead"
  1. I absolutely love autumn too and I love your outfit with the gilet so much, Donna. Great round up of your outfits! Still loving that waxed parka too. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The parka is gorgeous - get it you will regret it! I ummed and ahhed over the TS fox fur one last year and missed out - fortunately just nabbed it on eBay NWT!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love dressing for autumn & I really *need* another furry gilet! I seem to have gone a tad boot mad this week though & have bought 3 pairs & have spied a pair of gorgeous deep red ankle boots too that I can't stop thinking about, lol! My husband will throttle me if I buy another pair!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love A/W layering, but washing and ironing? Not so much. So I try to bulk up on the outer layers wherever possible, which means I do have a rather large collection of coats, jackets and gilets! I am coveting that Maison Scotch jacket, it's gorgeous. Love that gilet in the last pic too!

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am embracing Autumn....I love this time of year! Some fab outfits, it's great to be able to style up some new bits with the old favourites!! Which H&M faux leggings did you get? Mine were £14.99 and have been brilliant with no bagging or stretching so far (3 wears).....kind of glad I went with the cheaper one just in case they do!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, I just love what you wear. I want to be in your wardrobe, you have amazing clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go get the waxed parka. You'll be sorry if you don't. You look lovely in these pics - can't decide which is my fave. Off now to check out your link for the faux leather leggings - and also wondering if you've ever used your kitchen? #gleaming

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always digging out old stuff & rewearing it as I don't shop a huge amount these days. It's always nice to revisit old favourites isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gilet outfit is my favourite one, looks lovely and warm x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always feel a bit like I'm playing dress up when I put a hat on too. I actually bought a fedora similar to yours from Primark at the beginning of September and eventually returned it as I found the colour wasn't very me but they've since bought out the grey version which I snapped up.

    Oh and how I do envy your mega long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super little jacket, that Maison Scotch one. I think you manage to work a few different 'looks' over the week, it keeps things interesting! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some fab outfits here Donna, hard to say which one is my favourite, OK perhaps the gilet. Love the Parka, think you should get it and now wondering what other style of coat you have your eye on! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, so much fabulousness here today, I've just been scrolling up and down to figure out which are my faves, love the textures and different lengths of the first and REALLY love those leggings with slouchy sweater on you! Those leggings look amazeballs on you, I am sorely tempted. Also that cool outfit with the hat.
    Love your expression - "the jacket from Zara owes me nothing" have not heard that one! I had a dress from Zara that I wore to death and it owed me nothing too? (did I use that in correct context...please advise)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab outfits Donna. My fave's are the brown leggings and cream top - love those colours together really suits you and burgundy Ash edges with your gilet - very glam - Keri x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking great in all your outfits as usual Donna! Loving the sexy leggings! I have a million things going round in my head too - far too much for my old brain to handle - hope you've managed to sort yours out! How tidy is your kitchen? I'm assuming it's your own kitchen and you're not in a kitchen showroom! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely week of outfits Donna! Where is that gorgeous tan tote bag from? I love you in the hat & think you should just go for it! (says she who has a gorgeous floppy felt on with the tag still on!) Ax

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love you in your hat......and the 'sexy' legggings too! It is so good to go back into your wardrobe and have a look at how to re-work much loved items, saving yourself a fortune! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete