$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

10.31.2014

Cauliflower, Potatoes, Bread, Milk, Tin Foil...Oh And Jeans

So the first few items were on my shopping list as I whizzed into Tesco the other evening. Actually had I not spent so much time browsing parkas in M&S next door, I wouldn't have had to whizz at all. Anyway, walking passed a display of jeans, these caught my eye.

Mid Wash Luxe Sateen Super Skinny Jeans £18


Eighteen pounds, I said eighteen pounds. I spent more than that on the pre packed fruit aisle! And they're a dead ringer for the Zara jeans that I tried and couldn't get on with last year. The changing rooms were closed. I'm not sure why, it was only 8.30pm and there's a big red 24 hours neon sign outside. So, I chucked the size 10L in my basket - mmmm nice, right next to the cauli and for good measure the 12L too as the 10 seemed a tad skinny.

That was middle of last week and they've languished at the bottom of my wardrobe ever since...until today when I remembered them. So on went the 10 and OMG my legs felt like they were being strangled. Don't get me wrong, there is so much stretch in these babies that they move with you but oh no I can't do the claustrophobic leg feeling anymore. I tried on the 12 not holding much hope as I thought they might be too big around the top but actually they are absolutely perfect. My legs can breathe and the top didn't feel as if they were falling down all day. In fact they stayed put, didn't budge an inch. It's all down to the incredible stretch which springs back and doesn't bag.

I can't recommend them highly enough if you're looking for grey washed jeans. The cotton is strokey soft with an ever so slight sheen. Not the best photo ever but here are mine worn with a Next pink striped knit and nude jacket from Wallis. Trying to extract the very last ounce of this fantastic weather although I fear it will be woollies and brollies come next week.






Not making a habit of visiting Tesco very often, I've been online to see what other jeans there are...for research purposes only you understand.

The same jeans as mine but in a mid wash

Mid Wash Luxe Sateen Super Skinny Jeans 


They also have a range of jeans for the curvier ladies and I was particularly pleased to see the grey ones in larger sizes here.


These next pair are described as pink wash???? They look more burgundy to me. Priced at  £18, I'm not going to argue with a colour description. They also come in black which do look black! I do like a higher waist although I'm not sure the zips work quite as well as on low rise.

Zip Detail Premium Twill Skinny Jeans 





This pair caught my eye, there's a subtle-ish animal print going on which immediately throws them into going out territory for me. Fling on a little top and heels and you're ready to go. Slightly more expensive(!) at £22. Again they look slightly higher in the waist which is great for holding it all in.

Flocked Animal Print Skinny Jeans 




And in grey, these would take you all the way through the summer too. Very tempted!

Flocked Animal Print Skinny Jeans In Grey



Look, I know F&F isn't for everyone but honestly the jeans I bought are amazing. I'm a convert. Go bag yourself a bargain, they're selling out fast.

Have you bought anything from Tesco Florence & Fred recently that you've been impressed with?

Ok, so I'm sat here in the dark praying that the Halloween mobsters miss us out. I can hear them screaming nearby as I type! You see I don't really get Halloween. We always seem to be net-down on treats at the end of the evening. My kids when they were little came back with some, we gave out far more and one year, I had to recycle their sweetie collection because we had so many callers. I'm not doing it this year!!!!!

Do you think this note might scare them off?



Donna x
23 comments on "Cauliflower, Potatoes, Bread, Milk, Tin Foil...Oh And Jeans"
  1. Some really great items! Definitely going to check some of these out. xxx
    Just Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo tempted by these......they are such a great shade of grey! They look fab with the neutral tones of your jacket and top, I shall definitely be checking these out next time I swing past Tesco's! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, exactly the same as the Zara ones, will have a look!
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on these Donna, they look fantastic on you. I've only ever bought a cashmere jumper last winter from Tesco, I was happy enough with it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love popping over to our larger branch to look at the clothes and am always lucky to find something that suits! I never tried any of their jeans on so thanks for this Donna,might give them a go some day:)
    ~Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the need to pop in again today Anne. No purchase made though x

      Delete
  6. Oh for the love of God ... I am now going to have to trek to Tesco!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I turn the doorbell off at Halloween... Mean but last night both kids were in bed at 6!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel guilty, you'll have your time over the next 10 years x

      Delete
  8. I love your jeans Donna - unfortunately (or fortunately!) I live quite near to a very large Tesco - will be popping in tomorrow now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too Jenny. They feel more like £80 jeans not £18 x

      Delete
  9. Great jeans Donna - definitely going to check them out! And hopefully you weren't answering the door all night. I'm reckon you've been too generous in the past - word gets round & before you know you've half the country at your door!! Been there - done that! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I survived....just. Think I'll go away next year lol x

      Delete
  10. i have to admit i actually have a bit of a thing for tesco jeans. i have tried expensive and cheaper jeans and the f&f ones just fit me really well. I bought some similar to your grey ones lately and i have to be fair they don't go saggy or baggy after a days wear either which is brilliant! love these ones on you, and you of course styled them to perfection !XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally throw my jeans in the wash after one wear but tried them out again the following day to see how they faired! They were perfect Rachel x

      Delete
  11. They look fabulous on you! Great jeans and a great price too. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bargains you can pick up at the supermarkets. I always feel that you need to size up, it is the same in Sainsburys. I love your' trick or treat message. Luckily we are so far out, in the sticks, that we don't ever get bothered. :0) x

    ReplyDelete