A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

12.01.2014

An Easy Wear Top From Wallis

Just wanted to give you the heads up on a really easy-wear blouse from Wallis.  You know when you want to look as if you've made the effort but in reality you've actually done very little. This is the top.

Sheer Sleeve Shirt in Pale Pink



It's long enough to cover both muffin top and bum and loose enough to skim over those imperfections (I have many). I bought this in navy polka dot from the summer collection (see the blog post here) but much prefer the fabric of this new one as it doesn't crease. The collar is great under blazers - no flappy bits to get in the way. It's double layered down to waist level and then slightly sheerer so gives a more elegant look.

I'm wearing it with the Tesco jeans that are akin to wearing pyjama bottoms, they're so comfy, black Zara plether jacket (really loving this one) and Ash Jalouse in Midnight (currently 20% off here).



Apologies for the indoor photos, it's becoming really tiresome having nosy builders around!



Fear not for ladies with stronger colour palettes and really don't 'do' wishy washy colours, the top also comes in red (very festive)



A similar design (with a dipped hem) in black, always a winner. Fab with faux leather leggings and strappy sandals. Eat as much Christmas pudding as you can manage in this!




And my personal favourite, navy. Had I not already got the summer version, I would have ordered this too. Love it teamed with black (I'd personally swap the shoes for a pair of black heeled ankle boots).



There are lots more colours and slightly differing designs to choose from online and with 20% off, it's good value at £22.50. There's also FREE standard delivery on everything (no minimum value). Ok, that's Boxing Day sorted.

By the way, if you're in-between sizes, consider sizing down. Mine is a 10 and fits really well.

So, how is everyone getting on with Christmas outfit planning? I think I'm nearly there and don't intend buying much more although I may have a Christmas jumper on it's way to me.

Hopefully, I'll be able to bring you part 2 of my Gemini visit next time.

Donna x

12 comments on "An Easy Wear Top From Wallis"
  1. Lovely top Donna, I love the pale pink with the grey jeans....that colour palette looks amazing on you! No prizes for guessing what colour I'd plump for.....it would have to be my beloved black xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely top Donna, it looks fab on you, I fancy the black or navy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh I say ... now that's a gorgeous blouse, the double layering feature really adds something. I ADORE the navy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - thanks for the tip off Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shirt looks amazing on you Donna and the colour is beautiful. I have an almost identical navy one that I wear all the time, it is super comfy and flattering..my fave kind of clothes xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic on you, Donna. Such a great top! Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete