A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.23.2015

5 Things You Might Want To Buy For Spring/Summer 15

1. The Tan Fringed Bag

I bought the black and grey ones in the autumn (daughter stole the black one so it must be good - she's fussy). They've added two new colours this season, tan and powder pink. I'm eyeing up the tan one. But if blue is more your cup of tea, how about this beauty here.

H&M Tan Fringed Bag £19.99


It's surprisingly roomy, pretty well made and actually doesn't look too dissimilar to it's leather counterparts. Tan is everywhere at the moment. You can't go wrong with this.


2. The Throw On Denim Dress

That's what my wardrobe lacks, a few spring throw on dresses. Nothing too formal, just a good ol' frock that works for everyday wear.

Mango Tencel Denim Dress £44.99


Wear with ankle boots and a blazer now. Swap for flat tan sandals and the bag above when the weather warms up.


3. An Isabel Marant Style Top

Boho, ethnic...whatever. They're everywhere. And we all need one! I've had this top pinned for ages and look at it daily.

Isabel Marant Etoile Embroidered Cotton Top £160




But then I saw this

Mango Ethnic Embroidery Blouse £44.99


At over £100 cheaper, it's very tempting! Wear with distressed boyfriends from last year or kick flares  if you dare. I'd stick to the skinny versions though (see below) if you're wearing a looser fitting top.


The Skinny Flares

So you might have missed out on the M&S ones (they were seriously good, let's hope they replenish although it might be doubtful given it's from the Limited Collection brand). If you're going to buy flares this year, try the skinny fit (much easier to wear tops with) and go for a washed denim.

Mango Flared Flare Jeans £39.99


Try them with the boho top above and a quilted jacket such as this one

Nb. did you know that flares were invented by sailors at the turn of the 20th Century who favoured a wider bottom as they were easier to take off in the event of abandoning ship?


5. The Tan Sandal

You can't go all season without investing in a tan something. If you don't fancy the bag, try a sandal.

Next Leather Fringed T-Bar Sandals £58


Nailing two trends: tan and fringe. Wear with flared jeans (above) denim dresses (above) and A-Line denim skirts. We are so rocking Charlies Angels this year. I'm just waiting for the pointy flared collars (not).



Oh look, the makings of an updated capsule wardrobe!

A Few Wardrobe Basics For S/S15



That's me done. I'm off to light the fire and watch Broadchurch. So who actually did it? Personally I'm thinking the vicar guy looks a little suspect.


Donna x
12 comments on "5 Things You Might Want To Buy For Spring/Summer 15"
  1. Oooh lovely choices! I really want a tan fringe bag, I already have ones in black & red & the flares are fab :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stalking that IM top as well. These are some perfect picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some amazing bits here - the bag has my name on it if you look close enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now do I *need* that tan bag in my life?! Some fab picks Donna! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have visions of getting the fringes stuck in everything if I had a bag like that. But those sandals are divine ... and although I've searched, I'm not sure they have the tan suede version in Ireland. sob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choices. We are all going to end up looking like Charlie's Angels (we can live in hope) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tan bag Donna (and the blue one too actually). If I end up with a new fringed bag this week I'm blaming you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this look, still have the jeans, shoes and top from last time around (punches the air) Unfortunately threw out the fringe bag as something I will never wear again and it was real suede from accessorize (boo)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big fat yes to all of these, love a spot of summer boho and love those little fringed sandals, super cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like what you did there Donna. I have a somewhat scattergun approach to wishlists, but if I could only start to put together a list of items that actually worked together I might have more justification on the purchase front. Must try harder...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks Donna! I so want those Next sandals! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of these picks, Donna. I saw the H&M fringed bag in store send I'm kicking myself for not buying it now. I was lucky enough to bag the flares and i love them. That Isabel Marant top is beautiful too. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete