$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.04.2015

A New Double Denim Way...With A Skirt!

Oooooh look at this!



And this....



And this...



A fresh new way with double denim! Love it all and I for one will be giving it a go when it warms up a little (a lot). It's a a really easy trend to incorporate the 70s vibe that's coming through too. A column of colour = a slim silhouette. It's a win win all round. 


Double Denim

Karen Millen Bag H&M Denim Shirt H&M Trench Gap Skirt Next Sandals & Sunglasses

I love the idea of incorporating a structured bag to a casual look. I pulled my denim skirt out of the wardrobe at the weekend. It's slightly longer than I recall but it will probably work. A slit or button through is a must! And, who hasn't got a denim shirt in their wardrobe already? Mind you this one from H&M is lush. And what about the sandals from Next? Fringe is huge this season and they're most certainly giving off a whiff of the 70s. Consider them ordered!

Do you fancy giving this a go? Very excited to hear if you're with me on this.

Donna x

10 comments on "A New Double Denim Way...With A Skirt!"
  1. I really like this look. I may get brave as the weather warms up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - I have a denim skirt from Zara's sale last year - sorted! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has my pulse racing. I am now very keen to acquire a knee length denim pencil skirt. I think I can source all the other elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG LOVE it! Absolutely love it. And need those sandals in my life ... WHY didn't I read this before I tottered off to Dundrum this morning?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that first picture. Reckon I could lose 4 stone by the summer ready to fit in it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes......looking forward to replicating this look once the weather warms up! Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Donna (and I don't usually plump for skirts as you know)! I have the denim shirt - just need to get the skirt sorted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny how suddenly it looks so fresh and cool again.....Definitely going to try this look, but might have to keep the opaques on a little while longer brrr! Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these images. Such a great way to wear double denim. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look Donna! Aren't those Next sandals divine?! I so want them! x

    ReplyDelete