$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

2.22.2015

Mini Break Packing - Success Or Failure?

Well it was....

A Big Fat Success!

I went for 5 days/4 nights and to recap, took:

3 x jeans (denim, grey, white)
1 x black pleather leggings
1 x denim cut offs (just in case!)
2 x long breton tops (black & white / navy & white)
1 x short sleeve grey breton t-shirt
1 x white patterned top
1 x black pleather top
Leopard print swimsuit (lol lol lol)
Camel cardigan
Camel coat

Camel ankle boots
White trainers
Black toe post sandals

Navy Longchamp Le Pilage shopper
Black Modalu cross body bag
Necklace
Watch
Bangle
Leather cuff
Aviators

I wore everything except the white patterned top and the only reason for that is because I chose to wear a new purchase instead. So, my planning paid off (just). If truth be known, I could have done with another pair of jeans. I'm a one-wear, one-wash kinda girl and needing(!) 2 outfits a day i.e. one for day time and one for evening, there was lots of recycling going on. Don't forget, the above also included travel wear. Ok, yes we have a washing machine but somehow I kept forgetting to use it.

Oh a mini-fail were the trainers. They're new and rubbed my ankle. Note to self, don't take new shoes on holiday ever again.

Here are some of my outfits.

Arrival day, we dropped straight into Puerto Banus for lunch (starvin-marvin). The pilot had said it was 12 degrees. I mean, you'd believe a pilot wouldn't you, he's sensible. So having got straight into the car at the airport without going outside, I was somewhat unprepared for the 22 degrees. A tad warm I was as when we parked up, I still believed the pilot and refused to ditch the layers. Think spontaneous combustion and you'll get the picture. Mind you the locals were wrapped up too but then they're nesh aren't they?

Next Coat here (a great price)
Zara Navy & White Breton Sweatshirt (similar here)
M&S Skinnies here (so comfy even for flying)
Ebay Leopard Print Scarf (similar here)
Modalu Austen Leather Bag here (currently on offer £74)
Next Tan Ankle Boots (similar here)
I changed into my denim cut offs as soon as we got to the apartment (actually this was the only time I did).



A few too many vinos that night I think hence a very cheesy grin and very dodgy decor (it's 5 years old and desperate for a revamp)

Atterley Road Black Pleather & Jersey Top here (& now £19)
Tesco Grey Skinnies here
Modalu Austen Leather Bag here (currently on offer £74)
Next Tan Ankle Boots (similar here)


Don't be fooled into thinking it was great weather in this shot, I spent most of the day in a cardi. Not my favourite of outfits but then I didn't really have much choice did I. The vest underneath was worn as a vest, there's no fashion statement going on here.

Next Yellow & White Breton Top (similar here)
Pure Collection White Linen Top (similar here)
Marks & Spencer White Skinny Jeans here
Adidas Honey Lo Leather Trainers here


And the following evening I wore a new Zara top that I picked up. I tried to be clever and wear it back to front as you probably know that black isn't my colour so I thought that the break in the material would be more flattering. It kind of didn't work as the whole blinking top kept falling forward exposing my underwear!

Zara Black Puffed Sleeve Top here
H&M Black Pleather Leggings (similar here)
Modalu Austen Leather Bag here (currently on offer £74)
Next Tan Ankle Boots (similar here)
Next Coat here (a great price)

Here is the top worn in it's full glory. It really is rather nice.

Zara Puffed Sleeve Combined Lace Shirt (to give it, it's proper name) £39.99  and let's not even talk about those shoes - just ohhhhhh xxxxx



Thursday I think, was bitterly cold and I went out like this...

Next Coat here (a great price)
Modalu Austen Leather Bag here (currently on offer £74)
Zara Woven Nude Scarf here
I hadn't noticed in the UK that Zara do a khaki colour in this scarf. It really is gorgeous - slightly darker than here. A brill accessory to update your winter colours.

Zara Woven Scarf Olive Green £17.99



So I won't be repeating the next outfit. I really should know better that being top heavy, a loose cardi and scarf really don't work. I need to lose the scarf to give the illusion underneath that there is a figure there. It was ruddy cold though. I 'borrowed' a pair of the son's flip flops from his cupboard as the trainers were still hurting!!

Hush Cardi (still love this one)
M&S Skinnies here
Ebay Leopard Print Scarf (similar here)
Havianas Blue here (ladies version here)
Longchamp Le Pilage Large Navy Shopper here
By the way, if anyone has bought the Hush Chunky Waterfall Cardi and it's bobbled, give it a good brush with a cashmere comb (buy here) before you wash it on a delicate wash. These are instructions that Hush gave me when I contacted them. It seems to have done the trick.

I reckon I've bored you to death with outfits now so we'll leave it there. Oh as well as the black Zara top, I did make another couple of purchases:

Zara Printed Shirt £29.99 (€29.99)


I plan to wear this with flared jeans and tan wedges in the summer.

And naughty me, I may have persuaded the husband to buy me a pair of these after lusting after Kat's black ones over the last few months. Can you guess which colour I went for?

Toga Pulla Buckle Boot (blue and black here, can't find the link to the khaki ones) £325 (€379)





Anyway, I hope you all had a brilliant half term. Can't say I'm chuffed about coming back to snow and sleet storms. Eweeeeeeeeee.


Donna x

9 comments on "Mini Break Packing - Success Or Failure?"
  1. It's great to hear how you got on. I thought you were being really good with your packing And all your outfits looked great. I love love love those Toga Pulla boots. Very jel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't stop laughing at the 'nesh' locals - a true Northern phrase! I think your outfits look great as always Donna - the black Zara top looks lovely on both ways round! And yes - the weather's fantastic isn't it - obviously no sign of Spring yet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good! Love the new Zara black lace top....if there had been the opportunity to shop whilst I was away I'd have done the same, can't beat a cheeky holiday purchase! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nesh? What is nesh? (Will google!)
    Glad you had some sunshine although 12 and 22... Did he mishear before announcing that? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos! I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it when a plan comes together! Well packed! I also love that second Zara shirt. Gorgeous.

    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit choices having to deal with sudden heat then cold! We found when we lived in France that the locals were nesh too - when it was 26 degrees in May, we'd be in shorts & scrappy tops & they'd still be walking round in jumpers & coats, bonkers!! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well packed Donna! I didn't doubt you for a minute! Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great packing and fabulous outfits, Donna! Love them all. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete