A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

4.24.2015

Jumpsuit Update

You guys! Totally, totally overwhelmed by all your emails following my last post. Thank you so much for your lovely messages. I hope I've answered all your queries. I will be doing further posts in this series - look out for number 2 next week.

You may remember I ordered two jumpsuits recently. These in fact...




Well they arrived and they were tried. One was fabulous, the other ok-ish. So which one did I choose?

First up the Dorothy Perkins from one of their concessions, Ruby Rocks. It's  quite a heavy material (but not thick) and I'm sure this helps it to drape better. Alas as I thought, the pattern is quite bold (too bold for me) although absolutely perfect for Deeps and Warms (see RHS of the blog if you don't know which colour palette you fall in to). The waist is also a little too high and there is rather a lot of fabric draping over the tummy area. Not flattering and my shape (the little I have!) is totally lost.  



The Baukjen jumpsuit is everything I was hoping. The pattern is much more muted and of course khaki is everywhere this year. Yo me, bang on trend(!) It's a great colour for Deeps, Warms and Softs. Baukjen really do have a knack of making clothes to flatter a woman's figure. I've got a few pieces that I've bought over the last couple of years and I love them all. The body fits me perfectly although I'm sure it would be ok for someone with a smaller frame as it drapes so well. Love the deep cuffed ankles too. 


So of course the Baukjen won on this occasion. There's currently 15% off with free p&p too. I ordered a 10 as it tends to come up slightly large so if you're between sizes, size down.

I've actually bought it more for casual wear but it would work equally well dressed up with heels and a clutch for evenings out. 

It was a glorious, glorious day here in Cheshire yesterday (hoorah) so I didn't even need my jacket. If I say, I felt as if I was wearing my pyjamas all day, I think you'll get the idea how comfy it is. I plan on wearing it lots.



Very old toe post sandals (wonderful to get them out of the wardrobe again), black M&S leather tote and gold statement necklace from Wallis which I'm desperately trying to replace as some of the bits have fallen off it. I should have bought two as I love it so much.




And for cooler days, I'll wear it with the Zara pleather jacket.




So come on, be honest, hit me with it, I'm a big girl. What do you think? There was a mixed reaction when I wrote about it before. 

Last night, we had a shopping event at the football club. Honestly having kittens in case no one turned up (thankfully it was a great evening). All branded clothes (Zara, Dorothy Perkins, Coast etc) at vastly reduced prices. There were some great pieces. I was so tempted by a beautiful Coast dress reduced to less than 20% of it's original price - sadly not my colour. But I managed to pick up a couple of little tops which I'm rather pleased with. I mean they're not going to change my life or anything but they'll keep me happy....for a few days. 

I'm now back in holiday mode and mentally planning my wardrobe. I'll tell you all about it next time. 

Have a lovely weekend. What's the weather going to be like. I daren't look.



19 comments on "Jumpsuit Update"
  1. Ohh I love that jumpsuit on you, i can see you will be wearing it lots. Glad your shopping event went well, would have been ideal to have come with the daughter as she needs a prom and wedding outfit but we couldn't make it :-( Hey ho, looking forward to seeing your purchases soon. have a good weekend....the weather looks yak but as they say 'it will be good for the garden'! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kareema. There were a couple of beautiful dresses but possibly not prom-ified enough i.e. not long. It was a great event, would have loved to have seen you there x

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness Donna....fear I may be being a bit controversial here! I know I am no colour expert but I do actually prefer the colour and shape of the DP one (I am wincing as I type this!) but having said that it's all about how the garment makes you feel and you have gone with the Baukjen one which is obviously perfect for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless you Michelle. Thanks for being honest. I think the DP photo is being kind, it really didn't look good in real life x

      Delete
  3. I think it looks fab, but I agree with Michelle in that the DP one looks good on you too. I'd look ridiculous in one of these being so short :-( Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get you being so trendy!!! Even a pom pom thrown in for good measure! Love that on you ... you look fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bang on trend I am (not). Was thinking of removing said pom-pom. So last season x

      Delete
  5. I love both jumpsuits on you Donna- looking fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carmel, thanks for hopping over. Appreciate your comment xx

      Delete
  6. It looks lovely on you Donna and to be honest they both look great on you! I myself could not pull off a jumpsuit - just not me but it's certainly your cup of tea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW - you look AMAZING in both but can see why you chose the Baukjen one - simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that they both look great on you, but I think I favour the more muted colour of the Baukjen, as well as the deeper neckline and cuffed bottoms of that one. Great choice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you looked fab in your jumpsuit when I met you. I wish I could look that good in one xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks perfect on you Donna! Great choice! So glad you're shopping event went well! With you at the helm it was bound to! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you look great in both but the colour of the Baukjen one wins me over. If you're not comfortable with how "loud" the DP one is, you won't like wearing it and only you can say. Besides, your face on the photos say it all. Nonplussed face for the DP and a smile for the Baukjen. Gut instinct speaks for a lot. I've got the Topshop boiler suit at home and I wanted to hate it but it fits so well. Now I have to make a decision on it!

    ReplyDelete