$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

7.23.2015

Sale Shopping For Next Season (not a tassel or boho top in sight)


Blinkers on, I'm sale shopping tonight and I'm only looking at things that have longevity. A few sale bits that have caught my eye.

A Basic Jacket (reduced to £20.24)


I know I bang on about buying jackets in neutral colours - this is pretty inoffensive as china blue goes! Great to wear with skinnies, boyfriends and flares (it's a clever jacket). I struggle to wear this length with a tucked in shirt but a basic layering top or t-shirt would work a treat.


A Classic Shirt With A Twist (reduced to £29.40)


Bargain alert - this was originally £98 and most sizes are still available. If the Boden boyfriend shirt is a little out of your price range, try this one. Great under a shorter jumper and jeans or with black pants and a classic stiletto for a dressier look. Consider it ordered (it isn't August yet, so I can spend).


A Sweater With A Twist (reduced to £29.40)



Ideal for women who carry their weight around their tummy amongst others. And it's a little more feminine than the classic sweater. Can be worn layered or on it's own. Also comes in a dark blue and still a bargain at £49.90




Easy Wear Black Skinny Trousers (reduced to £13.49)


You can't go wrong with a pair of black pants. These look more skinny than cigarette style. Sometimes, just sometimes when you're fed up with jeans, these are a great alternative. Or keep them for 'best' but why would you at this price?

The Loose Fit Top (reduced to £7.99)


A woman's go-to top. So, so easy to wear. Flattering 3/4 length sleeves and this one has stripes (yeay). But it comes in many other colours too (including leopard print)!


The High Heeled Cage Shoe (reduced to £12.99)


Granted not everyone's cup of tea but I had to include these. If you're looking for a neutral statement shoe that will take you through the winter season (I'm thinking Christmas/New Year and beyond) these could be it.


A Go With Everything Leather Bag (£28)


Ok, I cheated with this one, it's not actually in the sale but at £28 and for leather too, I had to include it. It's one of those bags that will be used over and over and over again because it literally goes with everything. Cross the body strap and a lovely rich tan. Oh and did I say it's leather. Any guesses where it's from? You'll need to click on the link to find out.

There's stacks and stacks of bargains out there but at this late stage, you'll need to sort the wheat from the chaff or you'll be stuck with a bag of one-season wonders. I mean come on, don't you agree that every single item above could be worn for years to come (subject to quality of course).

Any 'classics' in the sales that you've spotted? You need to let me know quickly - I've got 1 week before my spending ban is put in place. Wah wah!

I'm feeling all upside down and inside out at the moment. We've got 4 rooms that are being decorated.  Actually that's 2 new rooms plus 2 rooms that are being rescued from dodgy paint jobs before Christmas (courtesy of ratedpeople.com - needless to say we didn't rate them). I really should be doing housey stuff tonight but it'll still be there tomorrow and some of these lovely bargains might not be. Sales shopping wins!

I'm quite liking simple outfits at the moment, of course that includes jeans (at least they're not white - my Instagram account is getting very boring).

Outfit from yesterday.

Shirt - Fabric Boutique (similar)
Jeans - M&S 
Bag - Boden
Sandals - Old (similar)













14 comments on "Sale Shopping For Next Season (not a tassel or boho top in sight)"
  1. I love that cream loose jumper, I remember posting the pic on A57. Will def be buying, thanks Donna
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ordered it too Lorraine. The quality of Me&Em is second to none x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outraged!!! I just clicked through on the link for the bag .... & according to Asos it is 68.49 in euros???? What a complete swizzl! (Official exchange rate would be €39.55)
    However ... great picks - how many of them did you buy?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops sorry Helen, wrong link. Now amended. Do you have Tesco over there???

      Delete
    2. Jumper and shirt, tempted to order the trousers. Not allowed anymore bags lol x

      Delete
  4. I think the bag link goes to a different bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, thanks Nicola. I've amended it now. The one it linked too was gorgeous but not leather so I changed it x

      Delete
  5. I love the top blue jacket.. lovely colour and pretty versatile xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I agree and a brilliant price. You tempted Claire?? x

      Delete
  6. I bought that Zara top in the stripe & plain black! Perfect for next season! You look lovely Donna! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect selection of classic bits to bag in the sales Donna! The black skinnies would be a great addition to my wardrobe as I could do with a smart pair of black trews! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I'm all for classics, so much easier to get dressed everyday! x

      Delete
  8. Great post Donna - I've stuck to basics for this sale too.....makes more sense when it's chucking it down outside...roll on Autumn! Ax

    ReplyDelete