$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

7.28.2015

The Perfect White Shirt Alert

I mentioned last time that I'd ordered this white shirt from Me&Em. It arrived today. Actually it probably arrived yesterday but our lazy postman stuffed it into our mail box and me being even lazier didn't empty it until today.

Anyway, as wrinkled as it is (you would be too if you were stuffed into a mail box), I love it. Why it's made it to the sale I don't know. It's just the perfect white shirt.

Bib Front Pleat Shirt was £98 now £29.40


I ordered a Medium (Me&Em is a generous fit) as I wanted it to be slightly roomy. It's fitted across the bust and then slightly flares over the belly (that's a good thing by the way).  It's a soft viscose fabric with some stretch which makes a change as this kind of shirt is normally stiff cotton. A great addition to my wardrobe which I'll wear with jeans on a day to day basis and dress up with heels and black trousers (if I can find a replacement pair) in the evening.

Me during the trying on session. Rubbish photos - sorry. It's fared pretty well considering it's ordeal in the mail box.



Of course being Me&Em it will wash like a dream - their stuff always does!

By the way, the other 2 colour ways have also been reduced to £29.40 as well now. Link here and here.

Ladies, go forth and shop.

I've had 4 days at home and am literally crawling up the walls. We have the decorators in for the second week running and there seems to be mess in every room. You know what it's like, you clear one room and it affects all the others. I need to start reclaiming my house.

I'm taking the son over to Manchester to Jump Nation tomorrow. A giant room full of trampolines. It's noisy, it's sweaty (them not me, I don't jump) but kids of all ages have the time of their lives. I'll be sat drinking coffee with a friend. Beats watching paint dry! We're in our 5th week of the summer holidays already and I'm just about surviving. How are you guys doing?




13 comments on "The Perfect White Shirt Alert"
  1. Donna I love that shirt! So nice to see a white shirt with a bit of character, great find x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I like that, a white shirt with a bit of character x

      Delete
  2. Love this donna. I've been trying to add some more staples to my wardrobe and i think i may now need this!Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, I do think it makes it so much easier to dress each morning x

      Delete
  3. Can't beat a crisp white shirt....love the pintuck detail, so sophisticated! What a bargain......off to have a peruse xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look 'crisp' doesn't it but actually it's so soft Michelle x

      Delete
  4. Love the shirt & great price now. Hope your boy liked Jump nation mine's going tomorrow (30th) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he loves it there, been a few times but - we seem to have amassed several pairs of their special socks which I have to keep buying as he forgets to take them with him. It wasn't too busy actually and I go to catch up with a friend x

      Delete
  5. Ooh, that's a very classy shirt.
    Week 5?? Pah! Amateur... we're on week 9 and still 4 more to go. There has been wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah yeah yeah stop bragging. I don't think I could manage 13 weeks. I'm being eaten out of house and home. It was like Pica-bloody-dilly Circus this morning with all the extra bodies we seem to have accumulated x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgerous shirt Donna & I love the detail on the front! 5 weeks already?! We're only a week in! Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like the perfect white shirt, Donna. A timeless classic. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your feed and I am hoping you write again very soon!

    ReplyDelete