$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

8.26.2015

On a misssion to stay warm!

Gosh I am so in to knitwear at the moment. Nothing to do with the fact that I froze last year having cleared out nearly everything knitted that I owned. I think I ended up with two cardis - yes I was that ruthless. A few jumpers were bought before Christmas and that was it. The rest of the time, I froze.

So my quest for a toasty warm winter continues. Having rediscovered Esprit this year, and being so pleased with the dresses that I bought, I thought I'd have a look at what was on offer in the sweater department.




Woh! Something really different. A biker cardi-jacket (my words not theirs). Love it. It's one of those items that looks nothing on the hanger (or on the web) but teamed with a pair of skinnies, sweatshirt and ankle boots, not only will it look good but you'll be totally snug as a bug in a rug. A perfect colour for Softs and Lights. If you have a more dramatic look, you'll probably need to pop a black top underneath to balance the beige. And if you don't do beige, it also comes in a light grey.




And staying with beige, this is a really easy wear. Either on it's own or over a white shirt. I'd be tempted to size up for a slouchier look. It comes in a host of colours from rust orange (for all you warm skinned women) to mauve (obviously for the cooler skin tones amongst you). 





Love the idea of teaming this with a black leather skirt, thick tights and boots. Mind you I think the navy just edges it for me. 

Reckon the 'fam' would let me wear it as an alternative Christmas jumper? I mean it's far more tasteful than the usual festive offering isn't it!




I might as well wear what I scream at the kids every day. And this is so much more forgiving than a pure white. 


And saving the best 'til last, a snuggly wuggly cardigan. I so need this in my life. A neutral colour that can be teamed with tan, berry, khaki, navy....the list is endless. It's on the wish list my friends.

Anything tickling your fancy? I'm totally smitten with Esprit at the moment. The quality is great without the silly price tags. Credit card is twitching as I type.






3 comments on "On a misssion to stay warm!"
  1. I love knitwear too though I really don't need anything new (that's never stopped me before though!). Love the first biker cardigan and the last one too. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH the star jumper ... oh my I NEED THIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love BOTH those cream jumpers. Off to the website for a browse x

    ReplyDelete