$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

9.19.2015

Gray With A Funny A

You know when you follow someone on Instagram and you let out a little shriek of delight when they post a picture. That!

I can't remember how I found Southwood Stores but I'm an avid follower now, mainly due to the  printed t-shirts and sweatshirts. They look amazing.

Gray is the in-house label launched recently by owner, Hayley. Love the quirky A which is a triangle and Hayley has actually had this tattooed on her hand.

Gray Sweatshirt £45



Breathe Tee £30



Brave Tee £30



Mama Sweatshirt £45



Cute aren't they! And when you think about it, the possibilities are endless....well as long as there's an A somewhere in the word! They're just a little different to other slogan tops that are out there and great for layering underneath a blazer for simple but smart look.

I can't decide whether I like the grey Gray sweatshirt or the white Breathe tee the best. I'm waiting to see what other words Hayley has planned.

Have you come across Southwood Stores before? There's some lovely homewares on there too. Kicking myself for not finding this shop until recently as I adore the laundry bags (now sold out).  Just what I've been looking for, for the son's room.

A full day of football today (yawn). The son played against Man City U15s Select team at their amazing training ground. Blue 3G for goodness sake (that's pretend grass by the way). And then we watched our local team beat top of the league, Forest Green 4-1. Whoop whoop. Back home for a Chinese takeaway and yet more footie on tv. Now settling down to watch X Factor with a glass of wine in front of the fire in my pyjamas. Got to beat going out.

I wore a new poncho which is cut straight across rather than on the diagonal. Gives it a slightly smarter feel I think and was perfect for the weather today. Mind you it got so hot in the sun that I had to take it off (or was it the excitement of seeing 4 goals?).



Poncho - sold out (love this one)
Shirt Me&EM (similar)
Cropped trousers - Mango
Lace up shoes - Boden (similar)
Bag - Coach 
Tomorrow we have another footie match for the son and then I really will spit my dummy out if the hubby even thinks about putting Sky Sports on in the afternoon.

Expect fireworks.

Have a lovely evening.






nb. this isn't a sponsored post, I just love the products and thought I'd share with you xx




4 comments on "Gray With A Funny A "
  1. Thank you for writing the article above, I really like your writing postingkan. I hope you can also stop by the website rpp kurikulum 2013 sd I, a warm greeting from the admin az-zahra-online.com: D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely find Donna and so great to find such fab small brands and give them some much deserved exposure. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool brand for sweatshirts and tee's Donna, and something a bit different too! Love the poncho too, I agree going straight across, definitely looks smarter! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'd wear any of those slogan tops Donna - especially the black 'Brave' tshirt - can just imagine it with skinnies and my DMs! xx

    ReplyDelete