$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

10.16.2015

Time Flies

Hello Hello. I'm here. It's been such a busy week. I stand at the kitchen windows every morning with a cup of tea watching the landscape turn from a monochrome green to a riot of autumnal golds and reds and rusts. Just wow! But how are we already in October? It seems only a couple of weeks ago that we got stuck in the snow on Boxing Day and I don't even remember Easter. Maybe if someone had bought me an egg, it might not have passed me by so unnoticed.

As November is knocking on the door, I've been thinking about my birthday which is a mere month away (thankfully not the big one this year) and what I might like. I give the family a 'picking list' that covers the birthday and Christmas - it's easier all round.

Here's what's caught my eye this year.

I came across Monica Vinader on Net-A-Porter and loved the different fonts for each letter of the alphabet but many were out of stock. However, the main MV website is very well stocked. There's a lovely little section that allows you to create your own necklace (a bit like build a bear but for grown-ups).

Monica Vinader Necklace

I've earmarked the 18 inch Rolo chain in rose gold and three pendants representing the name of the hubster and two children in a mixture of rose gold and silver (I really love how the silver lifts the rose gold and makes it looks much more contemporary).









Eventually I'd like 2 necklaces, one shorter than the other, I'll move the silver M on to the shorter one and add another pendant. I quite like the Ava Disc Pendant but it's rather pricey so that will have to wait for another special day.


Do go and have a play with the website, it's really rather fun - I love how the virtual necklace bounces when you add something to it.

Next on my wish list is good old Jo Malone perfume - London Grapefruit is my favourite scent.

Jo Malone Grapefruit Cologne

A dead easy option, click and collect!


Now these next few items will come as a complete relief to the fam, the neighbours and anyone else who might come across me before 9am. My whole nightwear range is a total disaster. I have absolutely no qualms about wearing a pink spotty top with grey striped pj bottoms - it's a case of sticking my hand in the 'jama drawer and putting on whatever comes out first. All topped off with an old bobbly dressing gown. Given my tendency for wearing nightwear out of the house (early morning dog walking, school runs and even late night visits to the petrol station), you'd think I would take a bit more pride. Nope. Well until now. So I'm on a mission to sort it out starting with...

Marks & Spencer Colour Block Top







Marks & Spencer Colour Block Pyjama Bottoms



And to replace the old bobbly dressing gown...

Next Grey Cashmere Mix Jumper 



I dearly love the cashmere bottoms in this photo too but I couldn't sleep in them. I've realised that trying to do this loungewear business and then having to change again into nightwear  doesn't really work for me. So I'm cutting out the middle man and going straight in with pjs at 6pm! But I do love these bottoms so might have to sneak them on to the list too.

I have a beautiful gold bangle that the husband bought me many, many years ago and I wear it nearly every single day. I tend to layer it with something a bit chunkier but in my quest for a less fussy, more contemporary wardrobe, I want to add a slimmer bangle and this one has caught my eye.

Links of London Yellow Gold Vermeil Bracelet

I'm one of those people that can get totally lost in the funny birthday card section of Hallmark and I've been known to laugh out loud which can be pretty embarrassing when you're on your lonesome. We really don't need any more mugs in the house but I can't resist this one. I know it will put a smile on my face every time I use it.

Not On The High Street For Fox Sake Ceramic mug



And finally, a lovely smelly candle

The White Company Pomegranate Signature Candle



So that's my picking list for this year - lots and lots for the family to choose from. Unless of course they surprise me - I love surprises especially of the 4 wheel variety with a double barrel name, second word is Martin (Vanquish would be my preferred model husband if you're reading). In your dreams Donna, in your dreams.

I haven't done any photos this week but I have got dressed and I've loved my outfits (sorry, that's not helpful is it). Lots of leather look pants (I got the black Next ones - finally) and chunky knits which seem to be VERY popular this year.

I've bought this beautiful coat from Jovonna (stocked by Top Shop). It really is much nicer in the flesh and I love the fact that from the back it's very fitted.

Jovonna at Top Shop Phoebe Longline Wrap Coat £90



And a new brand that I've come across in a local boutique, FRNCH (the N is back to front but I can't do this on my computer!!). So 4 gorgeous tops (two of them are by FRNCH have hopped, skipped and jumped into my wardrobe. I'll do a show and tell next time.


That's it from me, I hope you have something nice planned for the weekend.



8 comments on "Time Flies"
  1. I am sure you already know this, but Monica have a concession in Selfridges in Trafford Centre - I like to go and have a try on of the many variations that can be achieved! Their sales are good too!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks I didn't know. After the obligatory visits to the stationery, shoes, bags, Nespresso counter and all the clothes concessions, I never have time to look at jewellery. Consider it visited next time I'm there. xx

      Delete
  2. Those necklaces are a great idea, I love the mixture of fonts and metals. And who doesn't love a bit of cashmere? I might just add some of that to my birthday list too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to steal your list. Fab choices and really love that necklace What a cute idea. Intrigued by your new tops so awaiting your show & tell with interest x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't quite explain how much love I have for the "Oh for Fox Sake" mug! Incredible find! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi we're is the grey cashmere set from please x

    ReplyDelete