A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

11.16.2015

Sweater Love

I've mentioned a couple of times recently that I now have a job. Well kind of. I'm helping out a friend in his shop which isn't just any old shop. I'll tell you about it sometime. Anyway, about 5 months ago,  we ordered a number of items from Jovonna and received the late Autumn drop last week.

Totally forgotten about this gorgeous jumper I had but as soon as we unpacked it, I knew it had to be mine.

Say hello to the 70s Show Jumper Dress (I'm sold on the name alone).

Jumper - Jovonna
Coated Leggings - Next (similar here)
Bowie Wedges - Ash
Oxblood Shopper - Karen Millen


A close up in all its loveliness. 

It's a lovely soft wool blend and doesn't itch. And you can spend hours and hours playing with the tassels!!!!

You know when something makes you very happy, this does just that. It's my happy jumper. I can't stop sashaying around.


If you fancy a sashaying sweater yourself, I have one S/M (which is what I'm wearing so a size 10/12) and a couple of M/L (size 12/14) left in grey. Also comes in black which I have plenty of stock at the moment. They're £55 plus p&p. I'm happy to get the shop to post them out to you. Drop me an email at iwontwearsludgebrown@gmail.com

We're off in to Manchester tonight (not sure where as it's a surprise for my Birthday) and do you know what, I'm not even going to change as I love this jumper so much. Husband assures me it's perfectly acceptable where we're going. I shall cry if everyone is in sequins!


8 comments on "Sweater Love"
  1. Happy Birthday!! It's gorgeous - I just can't help but feel happy in a grey jumper - but one with tassels too - that's just the icing on the cake:) Take a sequin scarf with you just in case - men can get it so wrong sometimes:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna it's so gorgeous! Enjoy your celebration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I agree with Joanna, take a bit of bling with you as a back up!! H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Love the jumper, they grey looks great with your trousers. Jane xx

    http://arthursmum.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Sashay away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute sweater, but I'd imagine it would swamp someone of my height!
    So ... were they all wearing sequins?!! Belated happy birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a great birthday!! Love the jumper and yes I would be hooked on tassel playing too!!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete