$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

11.14.2015

The Boden Cosy Knit Boot Verdict

Well, there was a mixed reaction when I posted a picture of the Cosy Zip Boots from Boden the other day.

If you recall, I wanted a pair of easy wear warm ankle boots for very dress down days; school runs, frantic dashes to the supermarket for wine runs, watching the son play football (on dry days!)....you get the picture! I didn't fancy Uggs again so when I saw these from Boden, I thought I'd give them a go.

I ordered the praline and navy but as soon as they arrived, I realised that I'd get far more wear out of the praline (it seems that everyone else had the same thought as they're virtually out of stock at the moment).

And here they are on.

Cosy Zip Boots - Boden
Winter White Jeans - Marks & Spencer (similar)
Oversized Cream Jumper - Atterley (similar)

I actually really like them. They're toasty warm, suede uppers (which I haven't yet sprayed so Sod's law I'll step in a filthy puddle). I ordered a 39 and they fit true to size. They're more pointed at the front than the Ugg boot which makes them feel slightly more feminine.



Ok, they're not going to take me out in the evening but that wasn't the intended purpose. If I'm honest, I would have quite liked the navy pair too. I didn't try them on because it would have been difficult to part with them so back to Boden they went. Prices start from £90.30 (discounted) depending on the colour - as well as praline and navy, there's also a very unusual grey called faded fatigue which on closer look, I think I'd quite like these as well!! But how many dress down days does a girl really need?

So, I shall stick to my guns and keep them. Well I have to now anyway as I did an 8am school run this morning (urgh - I hate Saturday morning sports). And just to prove I did the school run, here are my feet at 8 o'clock!!



Have I managed to change your mind or are you still not sure? Uggs vs Boden, I know which I'm preferring at the moment.

Hope everyone is having a super weekend. We're hoping to get out to see James Bond at some stage. But when there's a crackling fire, X-Factor and a Chablis in the chiller, suddenly Daniel Craig becomes less appealing (sorry Daniel, you're gorgeous and all that but every girl has a price).

And just to let you know, Boden have launched their Black Friday early with 30% off everything using code 7H9S at this link here. Go forth and shop because I am.










6 comments on "The Boden Cosy Knit Boot Verdict"
  1. I am in the 'not sure' camp on this one but you look gorgeous Donna!! I must say that my long, chestnut Ugg boots are in continual use as my house slippers (about 8 years old and still going strong and, no, they don't whiff.) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yes I am completely won over, they look great on you! Good luck with the dry weather though, it hasn't stopped raining here since yesterday afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love them! Great with skinnies and a big cardi! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I still prefer ugg-style boots, but I always go for the more casual. These really suit you though and look great with the White skinnies. Jane x

    http://arthursmum.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you look very glam? Seriously ... I'd hate for you to see me on my dress down days!! I have uggs that I wear around the house & for emergency wine runs ... but honestly, I'd be just as happy with those Boden boots. Definitely boots that are function over style :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked them before and I love them now! Great colour. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete