$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

12.19.2015

Blog Hijack And A Smashing Outfit From Damart

Ok, a long overdue appearance by my Mum today. Honestly I'm sure she's hankering after her own blog. Seasoned pro or what! A 4 minute shoot and it was done and dusted. It's a wrap she called.




She's been quite poorly recently, necessitating an operation with follow up treatment in January. I know, I know, it's hard to believe looking at this photo. Anyway, when Damart got in touch with a possible collaboration I knew just the person.

Mum + Online shopping = A very happy lady. She's a demon with an iPad.

She totally 'get's her colour palette. Her wardrobe is made up of strong, cool colours such as bright pink, cobalt blue, purple, black and white. I wouldn't dare advise her!!! Her steely grey hair gives her a very strong look. She moved from the Soft palette to the Cool one many years ago. It suits her yes?

She chose a beautiful sequin embroidered sweater and jacquard jacket.

Let's look at the top first.

Sequin Embroidered Sweater £39


Stunning isn't it! A beautiful dressy, fine knit with embellished sequins and mesh trim at the neck. Fabulous for Christmas but equally lovely for any night out. I know she'll wear this lots. Her necklace is by Yosa (more on this later). She ordered the 14/16 and it fits perfectly, very true to size.


Jacquard Jacket £39



Got to love the "oooh what's on the bottom of my shoe" pose. Told you she's a seasoned pro.

Anyway, I saw this jacket for the first time today and was totally bowled over how beautiful it is in real life. And what a fabulous price! A black and white animal print with a slight stretch in the fabric for comfort. This I can see transcending across all age groups. I'd wear it with black pleather skinnies (obvs given I'm so predictable), but it would work equally well with cropped wide leg trousers, culottes and any kind of skirt that you care to think of. She ordered a size 16 and again it fits like a dream. And teaming with black trousers, Mum has created a column of black. Uber slimming.


This has been declared her 'Boxing Day' outfit - a perfect choice! I think she looks stunning but then I'm biased!

Worn with her Crystal Masterpiece necklace from Yosa. Sadly this is no longer available but the Show Stopper is similar and would work equally well. I have this one and it's simply stunning (see post here).

Bag and shoes are both old. Funny really, we don't see eye to eye with shoes. Mum opts for comfort over style. I don't get that and definitely go for style first and then moan all day that my feet are killing me. And, I have a similar love/hate relationship with my own daughter. She thinks my footwear choices are 'minging'. I can't understand why anyone would choose to wear ugly shoes - life is too short!! We all have different opinions. Mine are the right ones of course! Her trousers are soft Ponte ones from Wallis.

Check out those nails Patricia! And let's hope that a certain someone doesn't recognise the bag. You know you should have returned it many years ago!!!!


And because this blog post has been hijacked, I felt it only appropriate to leave you with Mum's top picks from the current stock of Damart. These are her words, not mine.

Metal Button Coat £79


This is a lovely coat which could be worn in the warmer autumn and spring months and layered up in the colder ones. I love the colour - it comes in 2 other colour ways too.

Printed Tunic £25


Winter really isn't my favourite time, I prefer sunshine and this is such a jolly top. I have several pairs of white jeans and trousers and this look would be so easy to replicate. The colours are fresh and the stripes at the bottom are really unusual.

But of course we have the cold, dark months to get over first of all so this would cheer me up no end.

Jacquard Cardigan £45


I'd love to try a shot of red or purple underneath the cardigan with simple black trousers.

My final pick is this unusual cardigan

Printed Cardigan £29


I'd lift the print with my Crystal Masterpiece necklace or something similar and team it with a black camisole similar to the model.

**Donna's bit**....

I've worked with Damart a couple of times and have been really pleasantly surprised with the quality of the items chosen and at very reasonable prices. Mum is of course a convert and has since drooled over several pieces.

I'm not sure if I'll manage another post before Christmas so hope you enjoyed this hijacked one. Mum really does take her role on the blog seriously (lol). So from both of us, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.



(AND MUM) XX


10 comments on "Blog Hijack And A Smashing Outfit From Damart"
  1. What a glamour puss your Mum is Donna. Has she always loved dressing up, because she looks as if she does really take time to make the most and look after herself?...It's so lovely to see, and you must have had great fun doing this?! I hope all goes well with her, and have an absolutely fabulously gorgeous Christmas both of you!
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh yes Helen. From the first memory I have. Always co-ordinated and perfectly turned out. She snorts at me when I'm in my trackie lol x

      Delete
  2. My shoes are not ugly!! Nannan looks fab here xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I've seen a marked improvement of late so there's potential!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Your mum looks fabulous as usual, Donna, and I reckon you're going to have to pull out all the stops on Boxing Day to compete with that outfit ;-D Happy Christmas to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mum looks sensational - such an elegant lady. Easy to see where you get your sense of style from Donna. Wishing you & yours a happy, happy Christmas and a healthy & joyful New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice style
    I love it so much...
    Really enjoy visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the pots, I follow up your tips and learn from it. Fashion is really unique thing for those who really want to support and appreciate the fashion industry. The Walking Dead Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice style
    I love it so much...
    Really enjoy visiting your blog

    ReplyDelete