A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

1.22.2016

How To Layer Like A Fashion Insider

Pah who am I kidding! Forget that, I layer for warmth. Here's how I built my outfit today.

I'll show you the finished article for no other reason that this is the picture that comes up on Bloglovin and I look such a tool in the other ones  (my fellow blogger friends will understand what I mean).

Charcoal knitted dress - Mango (similar)
Black pleather leggings - Karen Millen (similar here & here)
Sleeveless jacket - daughteres! (similar)
Ankle boots - Boden (other colours still available here)
Scarf - Ebay
Hat - old (similar)
Bag - old (similar)
So I start with the basics, a knitted jumper dress and pleather leggings. What you don't see is a vest top underneath. If Ladybird did vests for adults, I'd be buying multi packs. Oh and a long sleeve top too.

Oh and socks are Tesco!!!!

Sorry for the poor quality photos, no excuse offered. Anyway pretty boring don't you think?. But we're  not done yet.

Add cosy boots and a bit of arm candy.



A favourite scarf gives the flat colours a bit of interest.




One little sleeveless jacket borrowed from the daughter's wardrobe (she has 3 almost identical ones, so she won't miss this one).


A hat and bag.



And voila, I'm ready for whatever is chucked at me today. And at least I'll be snug as a bug.





Footnotes:
1. I really do need to get some camera skills
2. I don't know why I have mad starring eyes like Haywire in Prison Break
3. Hair and make-up not done so I look scary (I wouldn't want to meet me down a dark alley)
4. The daughter will probably shout at me for borrowing her jacket
5. Why has the daughter got 3 almost identical jackets
6. See number 1

Have a lovely weekend. A bit of a quiet one over this way (punches air).







7 comments on "How To Layer Like A Fashion Insider"
  1. Really awesome and most admirable piece of post because being working as a research paper writer in one of the leading online research paper service website, this is the very first time to read such a most admirable piece of post from the blog. Really the image simply explains the readers a lots of meaning which is nothing about, tells me about how we can expose our beauty to the world in a very simple manner through the above images willing to read such more posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning. I love this outfit. I'm laughing because my auntie gave me a boat load of damart thermal vests years ago. They maybe ugly but they keep me toasty.I too love to layer or more importantly keep warm. Just discovered your a colour consultant too ( over on Michelle latest IG post) . How fabulous, this fascinates me. I once had mine done and was surprised at the colours that she recommended I wore... Non of which I wore! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey. I'm not your typical colour analyst - I do break the rules and I hate putting bright clashing colours together. But I do buy in to the fact that certain shades suit you more than others. It's all about what you know you can get away with really!!!

      Delete
  3. Good morning. I love this outfit. I'm laughing because my auntie gave me a boat load of damart thermal vests years ago. They maybe ugly but they keep me toasty.I too love to layer or more importantly keep warm. Just discovered your a colour consultant too ( over on Michelle latest IG post) . How fabulous, this fascinates me. I once had mine done and was surprised at the colours that she recommended I wore... Non of which I wore! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are these the colours recommended on your colour palette? I hope so, cos the camel is gorgeous on you. Methinks the daughter will have a wait for her sleeveless coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, camel is good! It's ok, she has 3 almost identical ones that she's left in her wardrobe. Obviously not important enough to take back to Uni x

      Delete
  5. I love the finished outfit, looks great. Wish I could rock a hat like that, I've tried but end up looking a total tool.

    ReplyDelete