A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

1.17.2016

Wrap Up Warm & Wrap London

The daughter and I have two things in common at the moment.

1. We're both Fitbit mad and competition is fierce. I can hear her pacing around her bedroom as I type which of course means that I need to get my steps up too. She beat me yesterday but only because she went to the gym - what a cheat! I'm going for the element of surprise from now on and not logging on to the Fitbit dashboard so it can't download my steps until the very last minute i.e. 11.59pm and then she'll only have a minute to do something about it. I shall take no enemies. This is war. Nothing to do with the fact that I'm very jealous that her's is a lovely burgundy one that has a cute pink backlight. It would go perfectly with my current wardrobe!

and

2. We're both struggling with our Dubai outfits. I thought it was just a Donna dilemma but it appears it's not. It straggles generations. There's nothing out there that is appropriate AND appeals.

Anyway, I sat down earlier with a cup of coffee and a few catalogues that have dropped through the door recently in anticipation of maybe finding a few contenders. Dubai was soon forgotten as I leafed through Wrap London. Let's just say it received more than it's fair share of dogeared pages.



If you're not familiar with the brand, it's based on New Kings Road in London producing beautifully crafted casual clothes in stunning fabrics. Very relaxed. Very comfortable. Now my style personality is nothing like this and indeed other brands offering similar collections never appeal but there's something about Wrap London that sets me drooling every season.

Patterns are understated as are colours.  Perfect for Softs and Lights and any woman who hates loud, vivid shades. Collections are very easy on they eye. Prices reflect the quality so expect to pay a little bit more than Boden.

The first thing to catch my eye was a really useful basic piece.

Pia Sweater in Ocean Marl


See what I mean about understated. Love the loose fit, the length, the everything.

Also available in Khaki Marl and Ecru Marl which for me at the moment would be more useful. Worn with my brown pleather jeans, camel coat and beige toga pullas. An easy go-to outfit. The Ocean Marl would come in to it's own in spring, worn with ecru jeans, blazer and trainers.

Check out the neck and arm detailing. Fabulous darling!




Sticking with knitwear, can't tell you how much I love this cardigan.

Lara Cardi in Fawn Marl


Of course in my head I'll look like the model and really was it necessary to spit out your coffee just then? I know, I know, I'll look nothing like her at all but indulge me in this fantasy for a few minutes. So easy to replicate this look. But also with blues and greys and blacks and...yep a totally versatile piece.

Also available in denim blue


Soft white linen tee, trainers and distressed boyfriend jeans and I don't care whether they're in this year or not. I'm still looking for the perfect pair. I'm not wild about the cardi with the flared jeans if I'm honest. So over flares (but may well explore wide legs this year - darn it, I threw all mine out last year).

Moving on.

Cashmere next and yes it does come with a price tag but ohhhhh!

Alicia Cashmere Hoody in Smoke


Just this, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, I'd put my head on top but that's it. I know I'd reach for this time and time and time again. What a brilliant travelling piece. Posh Totty Spice once said the airport is her catwalk. Well move over woman, I'd totally work Manchester airport in this. Hmmmm doesn't quite sound the same as L.A. and JFk.

Available in Oyster and Dusky Denim also. See, all the colours even sound soft don't they, marl, dusk, oyster.....

I'm thinking this could be a Dubai contender. It ticks the boxes right?

Chrissie Dress in Soft Khaki


I've got a lovely pair of khaki toe post sandals that I didn't even get out last year and a camel bag. A great daytime outfit. Can't make my mind up if it will be a dress that comes out only on holiday or whether it's one of those marvellous items that I reach for time and time again. I mean, I can think of lots of ways to wear it and the shape is good. Oh I don't know. I'll sleep on it.

Also available in navy grey which could be interesting. It looks more charcoal to me in the picture though.



Not just for summer this next one as it could be such a useful layering piece. It's loose not clingy. Win. Win.

Monica Vest in Grey Frost


Let me show you the lovely back. Simply adore this, it makes it so much easier to wear a bra.


Worn here with the Ana Shirt in Glacier Blue


This is so not me (I prefer a more fitted look) but somehow I'm drawn to it. Am I finally growing up? Can't say I'd do the white fleur trousers though. But I do love these...

Bailey Jeans (lots of colours but Dove is my personal favourite)


A change from my usual summer white, I definitely don't have any in this colour and I even ran upstairs to check. Nope. Ok I need them. Crisp white shirt, tan ankle boots or grey sweater and togas. As versatile as traditional blue denim...they'd work so well on every level, navy, black, burgundy, nude pink and take on a different look with each shade. Love the ankle grazer length but I'd need to check the rise (such a wimp when it comes to low ones).

Couple of pairs of sandals I think and then we'll leave it there for tonight.

Lucas Sandals in Tan


My favourite type of flat sandal. Will toe posts ever go out of fashion? Please no. Love these to bits.

Blaise Sandals in Chocolate 

A chocolate (not sludge) brown flip flop. Love them, so cool.

Arghhhhh I want everything. And I've just scrolled up this post and realised how lovely everything goes together.

Well that passed on a pleasant hour, there's sod all on the telly at the moment. I'm now on season 2 of Prison Break but finding it a bit gruesome. Most of it is watched through my fingers.

Do you get the Wrap catalogue too? Are you planning your spring/summer outfits already? By the way, this isn't a sponsored post. Wish it was, I'd love to do a supermarket sweep around their showroom. Think I'll wait for a discount code instead. Sigh.

We've had a lovely, lovely weekend. Mainly in the cold with my warmest coat on though. After a lazy morning yesterday, we dined at The Etihad and watched Man City (not my team) trounce Crystal Palace. It was all going so well until a waiter tipped a full glass of red all over me. He was mortified and I had a wet bum. At least I had claret coloured leggings on.



And then today, we woke up to a blanket of snow. Admittedly a thin blanket, more a sheet of kitchen roll really. So we got in the car and drove a few minutes into the Peak District and had a long, very blustery walk with the dog. He adores the snow more than anyone although spent most time hopping like a frog - it was so deep. Didn't help that hubby decided to go off piste (silly man) and we were literally up to our knees in the stuff. Wind chill factor minus silly figures. Swiftly followed by bacon and sausage butties and a mug of hot strong coffee.

Arctic it was even for us hardy northern souls.

I'd like to say that I zonked out all afternoon but sadly not. We've got the decorators in at the moment and the house looks like a bomb site so housework it was. Followed by a made-up recipe, chicken and veg pie. Oh god this no pie before Dubai commitment isn't going too well. At least I got plenty of steps on the Fitbit today. Which have to say, I felt it was mighty unfair that it only gave me one step per step when I felt I deserved 3 steps per step. Hard going in that snow it was.

Ok, need to go now, I can hear the daughter marching up and down her bedroom again so I need to do some running on the spot or something. I'd strap the wretched Fitbit to the dog but he's zonked out in his basket.







7 comments on "Wrap Up Warm & Wrap London "
  1. Oh you make me laugh ... I'm almost tempted to get a FitBit now!

    Wow,there are some beautiful things to buy here ... adore that cardigan ... and that cashmere hoodie ... and those 'dove' jeans. Happy shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes get one. They're addictive! I want one of everything above, such a gorgeous collection x

      Delete
  2. Hi love the wrap catalogue have had a few of their items in the past and they are beautifully made. A tip for Dubai is bling! Everyone dresses up for everything - it's not my kind of style but we used to go there a lot so I ended up having a "Dubai wardrobe" full of stuff I would never wear back in the UK! It's a fantastic place for a holiday though have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that is so so helpful. I'm really struggling to know what to take. I can do bling!! x

      Delete
  3. Hi Donna
    Love the Wrap catalogue, have bought from them previously and they are great quality and last for ages!I have been coveting the fringe cardie a la Chanel since I got my catalogue last week. My fantasy wardrobe would be complete with a dozen of their items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Lin, can you imagine how versatile a dozen pieces would make your wardrobe x

      Delete
  4. At Free Bitcoin you may recieve free bitcoins. Up to 22 satoshis every 5 minutes.

    ReplyDelete