A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

3.23.2016

It's Sale Time Again!

Make way, make way for high summer. Madness isn't it, that shops are putting their spring stock in to sale already. I actually dipped my big toe into this season at the weekend. Pah! That didn't last long, back in boots and jumpers on Monday.

But have to admit, I love a Boden sale email.

I bought this shirt last year and love it and as I write all sizes are available in the blue.

The Boy Fit Shirt (from £35.70 depending on colour)


Not worn for a couple of months but it will come in to it's own in a few weeks when the weather cheers up.

It's an easy piece to style; looking back I wore it with burgundy pleather leggings and white jeans (probably more so than denim).




I might even take it on holiday this year as a beach cover up. It's a really light weight fabric and will be perfect styled with sandals and a straw hat.

Available in 4 other colour ways. Very tempted with the pink.

If you prefer a shorter version, the Girl Fit Shirt is also in the sale.

The Girl Fit Shirt (from £32.70 depending on the colour)



This would be my choice, love a stripe and don't care whether it's horizontal or vertical. I'm not fussy.

And there's 20% off the Bonnie Studded Flats which you're probably terribly bored of seeing on my Instagram (sorry!).

Bonnie Studded Flats (from £71.60)


Last worn this weekend.


I'm planning on wearing them lots more over the next few months (double sorry). White jeans and the boyfriend shirt above. Denim jeans, white shirt and navy blazer. And that's for starters.

A couple of other pieces that have caught my eye.

Rebecca Jumpsuit (from £79.60 depending on colour)


I don't normally do sleeveless but I'd bend the rule for this. Oh look she's wearing red shoes. I love it even more. It's one of those 'get your wear out of' pieces isn't it? Trainers and a blazer during the day. Ermm red heels in the evening. And even holiday wear.

A wardrobe investment piece next. Although not an investment price. I love the shape of this coat and perfect for today? Gosh I was perished.

Carrie Coat (from £119.40)


Yes please to every single piece of this outfit. And as for talking about transitional wear yesterday....this does the job perfectly. Wear with lighter colours (and less layers now). Bulk up in autumn.

One more, just one more and then I'll stop.

I've mentioned this cardigan before as well. And yippee it's in the sale.

Isabella Belted Cardigan (from £64.50 depending on colour)


Another inbetweeny piece. Possibly not as versatile as a plain navy or black but it still doesn't stop me from loving it.

I could go on, but I won't. There's free p&p with orders over £30 (so that's easily achieved) and 10% off full price items (quote code 5H3A).

No outfit photo today - I looked pants. Lugging boxes around at work necessitates 'old stuff'. I'd say one up from decorating clothes. You know when you put an outfit together and feel rubbish all day. That! Anyway on the upside, I've got my daughter back from Uni for the Easter hols. We already feel her presence as she seems to leave a trail of destruction wherever she goes. And yet her Uni room is so tidy. How does that work then?

Back soon.




Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment