Rod, Jane and Freddy, come on down!
Got to admit, I was attracted to the colour more than anything. A lovely dusky pink. Ichi call it antler (not laughing).
So, I asked the daughter what she thought. She looked me up and down and said "ooooh I don't really know what to say" Great start.
Then I turned to a couple of very stylish ladies who happen to be bloggers. Here's the conversation...
Me: Honest opinions. Not styled or anything.
Blogger 1: Ummm ummm I'm sort of with your daughter...I thought you were naked when I first scrolled up. I'm going with the jury's out.
Blogger 2: Take. Them. Off. Now. And let us never speak of them again.
Blogger 1: Oh...crying laughing...Donna suffice to say I think you can do better.
Me: That'll be a no then! And for your information, I've just looked them up and the colour is antler. But I might just keep them for no other reason than I like 'antler' (runs and hides)
Blogger 2: Sweet. Baby. Jesus.
Me: Chill your beans.
So, I think we can say that the daughter, Blogger 1 and Blogger 2 are in the 'NO CAMP' (all very stylish ladies I'll have you know).
But what do you think? Are they really that bad. Answers on a postcard please.
A couple of things to point out:
1. I haven't styled them - a blazer and a more fitted shirt might be required. And shoes. Obvs.
2. It's not my bedroom. I don't do messy. Daughter I'm looking at you!!!
Go on hit me with it.
I guess if you fancy embarking on the dungaree territory, a few points to bear in mind.
1. Keep the rest of your outfit pretty formal; a shirt and blazer make it slightly more age appropriate and sharp edged (think urban rather than agricultural) and a blazer can hide the bum if you're a bit conscious of that area. For me, layering works far better than simply teaming with a t-shirt. It looks more polished.
2. A softer fabric will drape better than a stiff denim (you can get jegging-esque denim - thank the lord)
3. Find the perfect pair and think of them as a trouser suit. It might help you style them.
4. If you're over the age of 19 1/2 forget the dungaree/crop top combo.
5. An ankle grazer length is really flattering
6. If you're bigger busted, make sure the bib isn't a skinny one. Wrong on every level!
7. Find the perfect pair and they can really elongate your frame which is right on every level!
ASOS have a great selection here and if you can't do trouser dungarees, how about this from Top Shop:
Also in khaki. I really, really like it. And to be fair, chuck all the rules out above. I'd wear it with a plain white t-shirt.
Gosh, that was another busy week with work and family stuff. The son finally broke up for the Easter holidays today. Not sure whose decision it was to have the Easter holidays AFTER Easter but hey ho they're here now. And we've had a letter home to say that they expect 5 hours revision for a Year 10 student every day. Mwahahahahaha. Take that son. His negotiation started at 1 hour a day. I've got it up to 2.5 and I'll settle at 3. But don't tell him.
The yellow blog post is on it's way - pinky promise.