$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

5.10.2016

A Really Love Little Knit - Perfect For Summer!!

Ok, hands up if you're back in jeans and jumpers. Was that summer 2016 then? Four whole days. The optimist in me still thinks we're in for a good one, but the drop in temperatures today has reminded me that layering is always going to be on the agenda.

And that brings me on to cardigans or rather one particular cardi, this one in fact.




A very timely gift from the people at Goose Collection. The brand although North West based is new to me so I wasn't sure what to expect when they got in touch. But got to say, I'm delighted. It's a perfect little summer cardi. I've always been a sucker for a bit of linen knit, totally breathable and cool to wear. 

A very causal day at home and errand runs necessitated something a bit warmer than bare legs and short sleeves of yesterday (sob). So I teamed the cardigan with relaxed skinnies and chambray shirt. Oh and the sandals are back in the cupboard for now, it's a full on shoe kinda day. 



Sadie Linen Cardigan - Goose Collection
Light Weight Shirt - Boden
Relaxed Skinnies - M&S (similar)
Lace Up Flats - Boden (old)
Orange Bag - M&S (old)


I sized up to a 12 for a slouchier fit. Generally, I prefer a smarter look so a tailored shirt was necessary. It's probably as casual as I get. Well before 7.00pm when anything comfy passes as pyjamas. All rules go out of the window I'm afraid.




Got to love a slouchy pocket.


I chose the dark denim but it's also available in Charcoal.

One to pop in the hand luggage, it barely takes up any room but will be so welcome. I'm a bit nesh on planes. Oh and shopping malls in the States. I ALWAYS take a cardi with me because they're freezing.

Thanks Goose Collection, I love this new addition to my wardrobe.

Speaking of holidays, I've just worked out that the youngling (well he's 15 now) breaks up from school in 8 weeks. Where has this year gone? Just forked out for new school shoes which cost a fair penny and he's desperate for trousers. Trouble is, he's growing faster than a tomato plant at the moment. Is there really any point in spending £25 on a pair of trousers for a few weeks? Bless him, he's down to one pair and I'm literally peeling them from his body as he walks through the door to get them washed and ironed every day. It also means that we're on the countdown to our annual holiday as we take advantage of cheaper prices in July. Outfit planning. Woohoo, I love a bit of outfit planning.






The cardigan was a gift. All opinions are my own and totally honest. I only ever feature items that I truly love wearing.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment