A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

9.07.2016

So Many Lovely Things

A few bits to catch my eye this week (and it's only Wednesday)


Origami Bow Dress £79


I've been on the lookout for a midi dress that I can wear in the colder months for ages. Long sleeves are a must. There are so many lovely ones out there but as a Soft, patterns on a black background are a no-no. I pale into insignificance. Now navy is an entirely different matter......

I'd wear with all-white trainers now and switch to ankle or sock boots when it turns chilly.


Imitation Suede Trousers £29.99


I honestly didn't know that I needed these until I saw them. A great addition to the winter wardrobe and ideal for nights out. In fact I (heart emoji) this whole outfit. Link to the jumper here (cashmere for less than £60) and loafers (with frills!!!!) here.


Pearl Effect Diamante Eye Broach £19.50


I've never been a broach person before but I keep coming back to this. It's a bit fun isn't it? And would be a change from wearing a necklace.


Khaki Suedette Skirt £32


Can't take credit for this one, a lovely reader alerted me to it. Thank you S. Love the colour which is still going strong this season and the fact that it's not just a one season wonder.


Relaxed Pocket Detail Shirt £29


Oh I love this with all my heart. Shirts are so versatile; wear under blazers, dress down with jeans, dress up with a pair of tailored trousers. I'm also thinking how lovely it would be with aforementioned skirt. Just saying!


Striped High Collar Blouse £35 (less 25% quoting Code NEW)


Another masculine top but still very wearable. These are the sorts of tops that work on a multitude of levels and are easy to make your own.


Jacquard Cotton Jacket £49.99


You probably wouldn't get much wear out of this come November but this is the sort of thing that I'd buy out of season as I'd get my wear out of it. Think it deserves another picture (that's how much I love it).


Just a few bits that I'm coveting right now. Anything tickling your fancy?


10 comments on "So Many Lovely Things"
  1. Would definitely wear the cashmere jumper, the jacket, the skirt. And that dress... Don't have any long sleeve longer length ones, and the navy colour is lovely. Hmm got me thinking has that! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Elaine, I didn't mean to put temptation in the way (lol) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I love your Blog! So much inspiration! Your comment about a print on black (dress) not being suitable for a soft palette has me thinking; can a warm autumn colouring carry it off?? Have bought a lovely dress in Warehouse but just cant decide if the black is overwhelming??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy thanks for dropping by. Glad you like the blog. So I take it, it's a print on black? What colours are the print? If they're warm autumn colours, you might get away with it. Your colouring may well be slightly stronger than a Soft so you can get away with much more. Be honest with yourself in the mirror. Is it draining you? Do you see the dress before you see you?? If the answer is yes then you might want to reconsider. Or go for the rescue option. Contrary to what I said the other day, I 'think' I'm going with a dress that's black print (although the print isn't too busy). I'm hoping that when I do my make-up and add slightly stronger lipstick and curl my hair, I might just pull it off. But I certainly wouldn't spend oodles of pounds on something that needs lots of rescue. You'll find out if I keep it on Sunday. But let me know how you get on x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Donna...its quite a busy print but the colours are autumnal..its a lovely dress from Warehouse ( and in the sale!)..the butterfly silk midi dress...yes, I think you see the dress before me tbh but I do live it!. Dilemmas, dilemmas!! Thank you for getting back to me..I do love the navy one you've featured but its abit above my budget! x

      Delete
    3. P.S I put a pic on Ave57 so you can have a shifty if you like!

      Delete
    4. P.S I put a pic on Ave57 so you can have a shifty if you like!

      Delete
    5. Thanks Donna...its quite a busy print but the colours are autumnal..its a lovely dress from Warehouse ( and in the sale!)..the butterfly silk midi dress...yes, I think you see the dress before me tbh but I do live it!. Dilemmas, dilemmas!! Thank you for getting back to me..I do love the navy one you've featured but its abit above my budget! x

      Delete
    6. Sorry Sandra only just seen your comments here. Now realise who you are! Your username threw me initially until I saw you on A57. Yes it's definitely a busy print but your hair depth kind of balances the strength of the dress. It's a shame it has the dusty pink print but that said there's a good number of warmer colours too. I'd wear a lovely warm coppery lipstick, add extra blusher and see how you get on. The dress itself looked amazing on your figure by the way. Sometimes rescues work, sometimes they don't x

      Delete
  4. Donna, I love your Blog! So much inspiration! Your comment about a print on black (dress) not being suitable for a soft palette has me thinking; can a warm autumn colouring carry it off?? Have bought a lovely dress in Warehouse but just cant decide if the black is overwhelming??

    ReplyDelete