$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

9.05.2016

Two Wardrobe Classics And A Boden Discount

You may recall a week or two ago, I mentioned that I'd ordered a couple of classics from Boden.

Emilia Ponte Blazer £99.50 (currently £79.60)



Long Sleeve Breton £26.50 (currently £21.50)


We're not talking high fashion here ladies, just pure and utter standard wardrobe staples. I promise they'll be in your cupboard far longer than the latest fad item.

Well the jacket has been hung on my wardrobe door ever since. I couldn't decide about the fit. I'm normally a size 10 in Boden stuff but it was ever so slightly snug under the arm meaning knitwear is a no-no.

"It will have to go back" I said to myself
"But it is lovely" said the devil in me

Backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards I went. I even put another navy blazer on the flatlay on Instagram this morning. Thing is, I was surprised at how heavy the Ponte fabric is, which means that it hangs beautifully. What with that and the nipped in waist, super flattering. And the stretch is delicious, it feels more akin to wearing a cardi than a structured jacket.

"Sod it" I thought, "I'm keeping it" and that was 10 minutes ago. Tags removed so there's no going back now.

I've got other jackets and coats that I can wear with knitwear so I'll keep this one for the lighter stuff.

I ordered the navy jacket and ivory/navy Breton.

Anyway, lucky you, Boden have introduced their diminishing discount (starting with 20% off until Thursday) which can only mean 2 things. Firstly, you can bag yourself a bargain. And secondly, old Johnnie must be making room for new stock. You can just picture him rearrange his warehouse can't you!  Quote Code 6B4B at checkout to receive your 20% off and free delivery and returns.

Soz, pants photo. I've borrowed the daughter's room which is east facing so not much light at this time in a morning.

Emilia Ponte Blazer £99.50 (currently £79.60)
Long Sleeve Breton £26.50 (currently £21.50)
Jeans - M&S (similar £25)
Trainers - Adidas Honey Lo £50
And before anyone asks, no I haven't fallen out with the curls, I'm just giving my hair a rest from the straightners. I keep dreaming that the heat burns big chunks of my hair and it falls out. Anyone a dream expert? Does it mean I'm going to win the lottery?




10 comments on "Two Wardrobe Classics And A Boden Discount"
  1. Their Ponte is really heavy, I like it on dresses as it hangs nicely but I imagine I'd be burning up in a Ponte blazer. Looks lovely though. I just got the burgundy breton on Friday, branching out from my usual white with navy stripes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever had a Boden Ponte dress Lou but there's a couple that have really taken my eye this season x

      Delete
  2. That looks gorgeous. I have a navy blazer like that .. too snug to wear over knitwear, but it has such a beautiful cut that I had to keep it. Plus it was a bargain in the sale from Autograph so it would have been sinful to leave it behind!!! Loving the hair straight as well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have 'several' other navy blue blazer options that work well over knitwear so it's not really that much of a hardship (hangs head in shame) x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Donna - just taken advantage of the discount code and invested in a burgundy Breton. Really enjoy your posts (been lurking for a while!) and look forward to more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hi Clair thanks for leaving a comment. Always gratefully received. Quite fancy a burgundy one myself x

      Delete
  4. Your outfit looks perfect as always Donna. You have a great eye for detail and that makes all the difference. Hair looks fabulous like that too. Iove the idea of a ponte blazer, chic and comfortable. I bought my first one in ivory back in spring intending to wear it a lot but to my shame I haven't worn it once. Have tried with dresses, skirts even jeans to no avail. Just doesn't look quite right. One day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elaine. Drop me an email, tell me what's wrong with the blazer and let's see if we can fix it x

      Delete