A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

10.19.2016

Finally! A Midi Dress That's As Perfect As Perfect Is

Guess what! Laura Ashley have asked me to write for their blog again. Whoopee! My first post was back in the summer of 2015 (here). All very glamorous, shot in Miami. This time it's Bollington Canal. Never let it be said that I haven't remained grounded ;-)

Anyway, unusually the peeps at Laura Ashley are totally happy for me to share the details with you right now even though I'm not scheduled until 15th November.

I'm writing about a fabulous dress which was the answer to my dreams. You see I've been searching

and searching

and searching

for a winter midi dress. One that didn't SCREAM LOUD FLORALS. And quite honestly, I was beginning to think that they didn't exist. Oh sure there are loads around but big, bold patterns in cool shades really don't do anything for my Soft & Warm colour palette at all. I mean, I'm breaking a lot of rules here, wearing a black background. But, the smaller pattern and that injection of rust really helps the cause!

Wild Floral Sprig Print Midi Dress - Laura Ashley
Camel Leather Biker Jacket - Karen Millen (similar)
Tan Boots - Boden (similar)
Black Bag - Modalu (similar & 15% off first order)
Watch - Daniel Wellington 

It's a stunning shirt dress, fully lined which gives it weight. And of course the weight lends itself wonderfully to the drape. It feels so much more classier than the floaty versions I've been trying on. But that's probably down to the fact that it's a proper grown up dress. The Wild Floral Sprig print has come right out of the Welsh archives, not that I'm getting a kick out of that or anything. Oh alright then, I am.

A sassy little bugger it is too, with the crafty front split and waist synching belt.

I wore it with an old pair of tan boots from Boden, a Karen Millen leather biker jacket and my trusty old Modalu bag. Even the husband commented. Something along the lines of, you're a bit dressed up for Bollington Canal (for those of you who are not familiar with my sarcastic other half, that means he likes it).

Anyway, the canal. There's a cute little tea shop called Waterside Cafe (of course). All mis-matching furniture, pretty views and delicious food. I'd love to say that we took photos of a cream tea with finger sandwiches served on a vintage cake stand washed down with glasses of Prosecco. In reality, we ate a breakfast of toasted teacakes and supped our lattes in record time so that we could go shopping.

And who put that bloody Ketchup bottle there? Ruined the shot it has!




But I really, really enjoyed wearing the dress. There's 30% off at the moment too. It comes up slightly large so size down if you're an inbetweeny. I'm wearing a 10 and there's plenty of room!



Right, I'm off to put a few words together for Laura Ashley. Self imposed; no swearing, no slang, no sarcasm. Can't do anything about that Ketchup bottle though.






2 comments on "Finally! A Midi Dress That's As Perfect As Perfect Is"
  1. Wow what a lovely autumn outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a FAB dress and you wear it so well Donna. I'm off for a closer look! x

    ReplyDelete