A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

10.18.2016

What To Wear When You've Fallen Out With Jeans / A Denim Alternative Post

I'll give them their due, Next have been good to me this season. The pull on coated leggings for a start (you know I'm a massive fan of these, as it would appear many of you are too). And then on Saturday, I saw these flannel joggers except they only had silly sizes left in the shop. I barely dared to look online in case they were sold out. But it was meant to be, me and those joggers. I picked them up yesterday and wore them today. That's always a good sign isn't it?


Charcoal Twill Textured Trousers - Next
White Shirt Ichi (old) - budget option here and investment option here
Coat - Vero Moda - love this one
Trainers - Next
Bag - Coach - similar

You see, me and jeans aren't getting on at the moment. It's been a gradual thing, this parting of ways. Every morning, I open my denim drawer and then close it again. I don't know why, they're the innocent party in all of this. It's me, not them. I'm not digging denim!

 It's all about the smart, comfortable trousers this season and these ones fit the bill perfectly.



Smart enough if you wear business dress but easy to dress down with a pair of trainers too. And charcoal, well, it might be the new black on the block! Did I mention how cosy and warm they are?


Style Notes: 


1. They come up true to size

2. You might want to swerve if you carry weight on your hips, I don't think the pockets will do you any favours

3. Style up with heels and a blazer

4. Style down with a slouchy top and trainers. I bought this top to go with them for a kind of grown up leisure wear look. Ignore how it looks on the model online - not the best shot in the world! By the way, teal is a great colour for most skin tones.

Teal Metallic Tie Hem Sweater - Next 


4. They're meant to be cropped so pop a pair of nude pop socks on to keep your ankles warm (how does something so thin actually work - one of life's mysteries).

Very happy with my jeans alternatives I am and for £26, I think they're a bit of a steal.




1 comment on "What To Wear When You've Fallen Out With Jeans / A Denim Alternative Post"
  1. You look really cute in this outfit,such an adorable vintage outfit
    http://paperdollz.co.uk

    ReplyDelete