$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

11.11.2016

A Coatigan That Thinks It's A Coat

After that heavy post yesterday, I thought I'd keep it light today and introduce you to my beautiful coat from Winser London.

Some would argue that it's a coatigan, it being knitted and all that. I'd say no, it's far more substantial than a coatigan. That's a coat that thinks it's a cardigan. This is quite the opposite, it's a cardigan that totally believes it's a coat. Let's agree to call it a Cardi-coat.

Cashmere Blend Chunky Coat - Winser London
Top - Ichi (similar)
Coated Leggings - Next
Boots - Marks & Spencer (similar)
Bag - Mimi & Thomas


Tell me you love it as much as I do. There's something rather decadent about wearing white in winter don't you think?

It's a very heavy cashmere blend knit so I'm not hanging it for fear of it growing a few inches (we really shouldn't hang knitwear at all should we?). Or at the very least, use good padded hangers.



I particularly love the simplicity of the edge to edge design, fantastic for working those vertical lines and a longer, leaner, slimmer frame. Or the illusion of one at least.

And, it's versatile. I'm all about versatility at the moment. It works really with jeans and dressier trousers. How about over a fitted dress for a winter wedding guest outfit. Now who can I bully to get married?



I want to try the all white look similar to the model too. I have all the elements but I'm not loving my own winter white trousers. Juries out as to whether I buy another pair or stick with what I've got. If it works, you'll see it on Instagram.



Here I'm wearing it with a column of black and I chose the Mimi & Thomas bronze clutch for a bit of contrast albeit a neutral one.



Hey, did I mention it has pockets too. Not those silly patch ones but proper deep side pockets that make you fee ultra cool as you swish around the......supermarket?



It comes up quite big ladies, I sized down to a small. Mild panic when I ordered the wrong size and realised it was too late to exchange it before we went to New York. I mean, I'd planned two days worth of outfits around that coat. Anyway, Victoria at WL came to my rescue and whizzed out the small ultra quick. Fabulous customer service that was. More likely she didn't want to be held responsible for my full nervous breakdown as I wailed in the corner of the bedroom.




New York at the end of October when temperatures dip to single figures can be chilly-bon-billy to say the least. The fact I wore the coat twice says a lot about how warm it actually is.

A couple of photos from the Yankee Stadium and in Central Park.

Cashmere Blend Chunky Coat - Winser London
Left: Roll Neck Jumper - Winser London Liv Leather Leggings - Baukjen Bag - Jimmy Choo (similar) Ankle Boots - Toga Pulla (similar style)
Right: Breton - Boden, Trousers - Mango Bag - Village England Trainers - Next 

Proper chuffed with this brilliant addition to my wardrobe. By the way, I've just noticed that Winser London are offering free P&P in November.

We have a house full this weekend, daughter is coming home from London for a couple of days and we have grandparents up. The usual football tomorrow (I have a leopard print lanyard for my pass - so very excited to wear it!!!!) and then daughter and I are sloping off to a tea party later on. Looking forward to catching up with some friends.

And then, it's the big birthday next Wednesday. Who has a 50th mid-week? How bad is that?

Have a lovely weekend everyone xx



4 comments on "A Coatigan That Thinks It's A Coat"
  1. Hi Donna, we were in New York the week after you and it was ridiculously warm ( 22 degrees in Central Park last Thursday!) we had 11 days in Florida prior to 4 days in NY - didn't have a clue what to pack �� .
    Anyway have a fabulous 50th - mine was midweek 3 years ago and I just celebrated for a whole year��.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a packing nightmare!!! Thank you I shall try and love the idea of celebrating for a whole year. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for another great article! Love them😊, wish you happy 50th birthday for Wednesday!X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Lorena, glad you like the blog. And thank you for the birthday wishes x

      Delete