A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

11.29.2016

A Style Makeover Service Called Tuesday With Marks & Spencer. Didn't Even Know This Existed!

Amongst the tons of Cyber Monday emails (which appear to have carried over to Tuesday and beyond) sat a little invitation from Marks & Spencer to try their virtual 'Style Makeover' service (although it may not be as virtual as I first thought, see below). It's available to Sparks customers only I think. 



It threw me at first, I thought it was only available on a Tuesday, turns out the service is called Tuesday. Doh! 


Anyway, my question to you is, have you tried it yet? 

Out of sheer nosiness, I've tried virtual styling services before and been totally disappointed. Having a good idea of what suits my colouring, shape and personality, I've been known to fall off my chair laughing at some of the suggestions. Either that or totally indignant at their choices....how dare they dress me like a middle-aged woman. Oh yeah, I am middle-aged. Actually I'm more than middle-aged. Wallis' offering is one that springs to mind, I hated everything that was suggested. Occasionally, I receive emails based on my initial input and I've yet to like anything. Fussy bugger I am.

So basically you're asked a series of questions to ascertain

- what you're expecting to get out of it (ie whether you want a complete overhaul or just a few ideas)
- your lifestyle
- colouring
- your body shape
- your style personality

There's sometimes an element of guessing or making do. My body shape didn't appear in the Marks & Spencer questionnaire so I chose the one that was the closest fit.



This one isn't revolutionary, the questions asked are no different to other similar services that I've tried but you gallop through the various sections fairly quickly. It's all very clean and orderly.

The biggest difference with the Marks & Spencer service is that it 'appears' to have a real life person at the other end rather than a virtual programme. I had to upload a photo (never been asked that before) and was told that my personal stylist is Jodie and very nice she looks too. 


It would seem that M&S are going one stage further and will be introducing changing room reservations for you to try on your selections. THIS EXCITES ME. Imagine that - your choices waiting in your very own changing room. What I'm unsure about is whether you have to buy everything online as you do right now or just reserve them. 


Anyway, I thought I'd give it a go and report back with her recommended. I told the truth about my physical features, current style and lifestyle. But I told a little white lie about wanting a complete overhaul (not really, unless she comes up with something A-Mazing). Really interested to discover what Jodie recommends.

Has anyone else had a play with the Tuesday's Styling Service? And if so, how did you get on? 

And that aside, I would love to be a Jodie!!!! Now can I have a job?

To be continued....

So excited for the 1st December - I get to open my first advent calendar window. How giddy can a girl get? 




On the Christmas shopping front, it's all going very well....the wheels are bound to come off soon aren't they? I've already had to remind the kids about the present list rules. 


Catch you later in the week.



17 comments on "A Style Makeover Service Called Tuesday With Marks & Spencer. Didn't Even Know This Existed!"
  1. You have present rules?????? You crack me up! And OMG M&S should sooooo hire you! You'd be fab. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a right bloody mess last year Helen, they were firing ideas at me from all angles; email, texts, WhatsApp....I nearly had a nervous breakdown!! The job is kind of what I used to do face to face and I loved it x

      Delete
  2. I've used Tuesday @M&S. Some of the suggestions are good and I've purchased based on recommendations but the most recent selections were uninspiring. Would be better if you could order the suggestions into store to try instead of either trying to find the items in store or having to purchase and return items online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy thanks for commenting, it sounds as if they may be taking the service one step further when the concierge fitting rooms are introduced next year. Love the idea of that x

      Delete
  3. I've used the TryTuesday styling from M&S. My stylist is called Jamie & she has been sending me suggestions every 3 months or so. She sends a pic of 'a look' that has inspired her choice and breaks down each outfit & reasons why it could work for you. There is an option to reply & give your thoughts. Overall I think it's been pretty good - it's free & although I may have not liked all the ideas it has been interesting to see what they pick out for you & maybe you then try something that you would not have thought of. Of course they are wanting you to buy more from M&S but there is no obligation whatsoever so I say give it a whirl !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for this, I'm sure someone who is short on time or hates shopping would really benefit from this. I love shopping (surprise surprise) but thought I'd give this a go so I could share my experiences. Love hearing from you guys that have already tried it x

      Delete
  4. I love your present rules and may need to start using them myself next year as it is already too late for this year. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly Kay, I had to send a reminder of the rules to the family last night. Sigh!

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, I thought it was a Tuesday thing and so got hacked off when I didn't get a weekly selection every Tuesday. Saying that I quite liked the selections they sent me, although they expect quite a comprehensive feedback on every single item which I got a bit bored by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's still in it's infancy so they're data collecting???? Looking forward to finding out what's been selected. Nothing yet. x

      Delete
    2. No one can accuse them of being quick off the mark!!

      Delete
  6. This is so funny Donna Because I did exactly what you did and collect out of curiosity last week and you have just reminded me that I received an email with my first set of outfits during the week but I've not looked at it yet! I quite like to the process and now I'm excited to see if she picked me something lovely. Thank you for the reminder 😘 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh do tell Avril, dying to know what you got x

      Delete
    2. Oooh do tell Avril, dying to know what you got x

      Delete
  7. I did it too - Jodie was my stylist!! I find the M&S website overwhelming so it was useful for picking out the best things for me. I haven't used it since though, I've been too busy jumper shopping 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me laugh out loud Sandra. We know how you love a good jumper lol. x

      Delete