A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

12.18.2016

Shoes Maketh The Outfit





Gosh I love shoes. More so than bags and coats and tops and chocolate. And I'm not a shoe snob either. High Street and high end....it doesn't matter to me, as long as they look good. I'm not even bothered if they're uncomfortable. Beauty is pain and all that. This addiction is bad isn't it?

All I'm saying is that if you have a good stash of shoes in your closet, you can build an outfit from almost anything. They can transform and update a look instantly. I mean, look at Cinderella. You're not telling me she wouldn't have bagged her prince if she hadn't been wearing a pair of killer shoes.

Anyway, I happen to land on the River Island website after a search for leopard print heels (mine are shot) and those clever IT elves that work behind the scenes remembered that I looked at this pair ages ago. You know, that little scrolly bar at the bottom of the page that reminds you of products that you've viewed. Evil those elves I tell you, evil. And they're only in the bloomin sale now so of course I couldn't resist a little online order.

Red Croc Strappy Mary Jane Shoes now £15



I think they'll look great with cropped jeans in the spring (providing I rekindle my love for denim before then).

And in the sparkly metallic £15



Leopard print sock boot anyone? Great for midi length skirts and dresses and skinnies as well.

Leopard Print Sock Boot now £25


These black ones are amazing and I'm questioning my own sanity now. Why on earth didn't I order them? FOOL.

Black Suede Sock Boot £35


I think there's a little bit of mileage left in metallic loafers.

Gold Loafers £15



These next ones are available in black, silver and gold. A great option to update tired business dress.

Tassel Loafers £25

A statement flat if ever there was one, available in black and gold.

Gold Patent Tassel loafer £20



And I should have ordered these too! I've been after a pair of grey boots for ages. A much lighter option for summer because we all know that there are days that boots are required even in July.

Grey Sock Boot £25




Big love for these as well. Great styled with jeans and a blazer. I have these Celtic sheepskin insoles in my trainers that keep my feet toasty warm. I bought a cheap pair from Amazon last year and they fell to bits after a few weeks. So far, the Celtic ones are wearing well.

Burgundy Metallic Trim Trainer £15



And so many more in the sale too. In fact, 157 styles (as at 11.00 Sunday morning). Here's the link to lots of lushness. I'd recommend a plan of action for your undoubted over-indulgent spending (for which I accept no responsibility). Check husband's calendar. If he's out, get them delivered to your home using express delivery (free with £100 spend). If he's around, get them sent to your local Collect+ shop. You can then smuggle them in to the house under the cover of darkness! Wrap them up and shove them under the tree. He won't even think to question who they're from on Christmas Day. If he does, look sweet and innocent and say, 'oh shucks, there's no gift tag'. A present from you to you.

Merry Christmas.


1 comment on "Shoes Maketh The Outfit"
  1. There is a chance you are qualified to get a $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete