$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

12.16.2016

The Brown Suede Toga Pulla Ankle Boot - Found Them!

I bought these a good 18 months ago and have been asked numerous times where they were from. I've never been able to locate the exact ones. Mine were from a far-too-cool-for-Donna boutique in Marbella. Saw them in the window and dragged the husband in to the shop. Well, dragged his credit card in to be more precise. Sadly he was attached to it so had to come in too!

And they're certainly not brown! The picture below is a good representation of their actual colour. More of a grey-beige.

Toga Buckled Ankle Boots £405 (cheaper here but few sizes left)

They're not cheap (the black ones can be sourced much cheaper) and don't be put off by the website, Farfetch. It's totally legit. It basically 'partners' with luxury boutiques around the world so if you're ever looking for something specific that's sold out here, it's worth doing a search on Farfetch. Think of it as your personal concierge service.

I tend to wear mine with trousers and leggings.

Slouchy Knit - H&M (old)
Berry Pull On Coated Leggings - Next
Toga Pulla Ankle Boots - Farfetch
Khaki Military Coat - Next
Khaki Military Bag - Marks & Spencer (old)


They're a bit of an understated statement shoe, a contradiction in terms I know. What I mean is that the colour is subtle so they're not screaming look at me, look at me. But when someone clocks them, they look twice. Unsolicited compliments are what they get. A girl in the Kurt Geiger shop in Covent Garden nearly ripped them off my feet the other week. I was half tempted to trade. Five pairs of their shoes for these. I AM A SHOE TART!

I haven't managed to do the skirt thing with them though. You need to be totally cool to pull that look off. I'm thinking more happy-clappy hippy in my case.

They kind of make a plain outfit a bit more special.

Roll Neck Jumper - Winser London
Black Pull On Coated Leggings - Next
Khaki Bag - Marks & Spencer (old)
Toga Pulla Ankle Boots - Farfetch


They're actually very comfy, albeit on the heavy side. I wore mine in New York for a day of site seeing. True to size as well, mine are a 39 (my usual size).

I still love the black leather (over the suede for some reason). There's room in my closet for these!

Toga Pulla Ankle Boots £326


Gold anyone? At these prices, I want mine to last more than a couple of seasons and these may date.

Toga Pulla Ankle Boot £330




But, if I were in the market for another pair it would have to be these.

Toga Polido Ankle Boot £370


And if you're feeling the squeeze after shopping for everyone else this Christmas, here are a few dupes.

Although only small, the heel on these will encourage you to stand up taller resulting in a leaner looking frame.


Office Jagger Multi Buckle Boot £84



And in black croc effect leather £88



Love these khaki ones (it's a really versatile colour actually) £84




ASOS Ryder Suede Buckle Ankle Boot £65



ASOS Affia Multi Buckle Ankle Boot £35



The tan are in the sale, I repeat tan are in the sale!

ASOS Ryder Suede Buckle Ankle Boot £45.50



ASOS Rally Leather Buckle Ankle Boot £31.50 (for real leather!!!)



Any thoughts? Are they a bit too rocker meets Western cowboy for you? Or do you love them too?

Lunch with my dad and brother today and I'm still stuffed 8 hours later. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and go to sleep. Sadly one of us has to pick up the son from a party at midnight and as the husband is currently laid on the sofa dying with man flu, it looks as if I'm on taxi duty again. I can't even pour myself a glass of wine! Breakfast at the football club tomorrow so a bucks fizz will be calling my name.

You wrapped your Christmas pressies yet? I have (smug face). We'll gloss over the fact that I still have to buy 4 fairly large gifts.





6 comments on "The Brown Suede Toga Pulla Ankle Boot - Found Them!"
  1. I'm lucky as my daughter loves wrapping presents so I only wrap hers now! I'm so laid back/lazy about Christmas generally. I used to rush about and think forgetting the parsnips was a disaster but no longer! Love your boots! Wishing you and your family a joyful run up to Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you. It's one of those tasks that we're always relieved to get out of the way isn't it. Hope you and your family have a lovely holiday too Elaine xx

      Delete
  2. Just wrote the last of the Christmas cards, presents were wrapped last week. Done most of the unfresh food shopping today, so on target at the moment! I have a pair of dupes from River Island. I love them, but enough to pay for my dabble in the trend! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in front of me then Yvonne. We haven't bought the kids their main presents yet. Normally leave that for husband, it's his only contribution (other than his credit card). Lol. Merry Christmas to you too xx

      Delete
  3. the uncommon stylist18 December 2016 at 18:21

    oh I love those khaki ones Donna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's torture writing this blog because I want everything although I think I've managed to successfully talk myself out of these as they're not dissimilar to the ones I already own. Mind you, I might change my mind xx

      Delete