A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

3.04.2017

A Trouser & Cardi Update (award for the most boring blog title EVER)

Remember that little cardi jacket that I mentioned here? And I also talked about the red Chanel style jacket. Well, I decided that the red in the jacket was just too blue (no I'm not talking gobbledy gook - what I mean is that it had a blue undertone as opposed to an orange one) and it really jarred against my skin. Sadly it went back but the cardi stayed. It's the most perfect soft coral (much softer than it looks in these photos actually) - ideal for warm skin tones.

And do you remember those black cropped trousers that I mentioned here? Well, they are still as brilliant as the day I set eyes on them.

Worn together today and a big thumbs up from me. A really comfortable outfit, I mean what's not to love about pull on trousers (shhhhhh don't tell anyone) and a lovely stretchy cardi that thinks it's a jacket.

Both from Next. I'm like a broken record aren't I?

Red Military Jacket - Next
Black Ponte Flare Trousers - Next
White Slogan Tee - Ichi (similar)
Black Bag - Modalu (similar in clearance)
Gold Sling Back Coconut Shoes - Top Shop (similar and love these)

Same day, different hair...because I can✌ and there will be a third style tonight when we go out! Living life on the edge over here.



By the way, when I was searching for similar sling back shoes on the New Look site (they had some almost identical ones, sadly now sold out), I came across these. Any ideas what they are?




Trainer trims! How cool. Love the bottom one.

New Look 3 Pack Gold Shoe Bars £3.99



That's it from me today. Daughter needs rollers putting in her hair. She's wearing the cutest dress from Zara tonight, maybe I'll be allowed to post a picture.

Happy Saturday everyone.



10 comments on "A Trouser & Cardi Update (award for the most boring blog title EVER)"
  1. Donna thank you. I've just discovered the pleather jeggings from Next. Hubs thanks you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the pleather leggings party Anna. They're ace aren't they? x

      Delete
  2. Lovely colour on you Donna! It looks quite a coral red. Nice bag too! Santa brought me the brown version for Christmas and I love it. Wonder where I got that idea from! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, I'd describe it as a soft coral red. Hope you're enjoying your brown Modalu - I need to use mine more often but I think it will come into it's own this spring x

      Delete
  3. Love the trousers but the thing that's stopping me buying (well, apart from a bit of a recent splurge anyway, that is...) is the footwear. What do I wear with them? I love your slingbacks but I can never get that style to fit (narrow feet). What else would work - smart or casual? Ballet flats? If so I could wear them for work. Sneakers...? Please advise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh that's an easy one to answer. Yes ballet flats would work really well and would look super cute, block courts, ghillie lace up flats, trainers, sandals. In fact most styles would work. Ankle boots are difficult (unless they're of the sock boot variety and come further up the leg) because it's difficult to get the proportions right. If you fancy trying a sling back, have a look at these which are super cool - they have a much thicker ankle strap and might be easier to wear http://fave.co/2mamkI6 (you may need to copy and paste as I don't think links work in the comments section). Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Those shoes are fab, I would have loved them! But sadly they don't fit either... I did try them. Have bought the trousers though, thank you for recommending them! I also have the Clarks Taylor palm (I think that's what they were called) in silver from last year, so hoping they will work instead. Meanwhile if anyone else with ridiculously narrow feet has found some great red slingbacks, let me know!

      Delete
  4. Hello Donna, I'm a lurker and really enjoy your blog but never comment. This time though I absolutely had to comment on these trousers. I'm 53 and an apple shape and I'm forever looking for trousers to balance my shape, I saw your previous blog post about them and was tempted but as you said at the time, the website pic is totally uninspiring, I must have scrolled past them multiple times. Anyway, I ordered them based on your recommendation and how great you look (plus I must admit loving the fact that they are ponte and pull on and only £24!). They arrived today and they are so perfect I can't believe it, so versatile and really flattering. Looking forward to spring and showing a bit of ankle, so thanks very much for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline thanks for taking the time to comment, I love to hear from readers of the blog. Hey, how fantastic that you love them as much as me. Aren't they just the bees knees? I wore mine properly for the first time when I took this photo and oh lordy they are so comfortable. Kind of like wearing jogging bottoms but much smarter. And we are both different shapes so your comments form another review should anyone want to try them. The beauty about these trousers is the kick at the bottom which balance out a woman's curves and because they're flat fronted at the top, they're great for ladies who carry their weight on the tummy. And as you say, all for £24. Enjoy wearing them Caroline and hope you'll keep reading x

      Delete
  5. In the year of 2017. People around me suddenly begin to hang out with midi dresses with sleeves.I'm feeling curious and suspicion at the moment:"Is this a thing now?"And here's my thoughts after research and the dress that I bought.

    ReplyDelete