A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

3.21.2017

How Do You Do Casual?

This is the only way I can do it. One dress down piece (very maximum two) and the rest is kept fairly smart.

So today I'm wearing a new hoodie (go me), navy coated skinnies, heeled boots, my favourite red bag and a slick of bright pink lippy. Had I worn say a pair of distressed boyfriend jeans, well that would have been my day ruined. How can a wrong outfit put you in such a foul mood? Style Personalities hey???

So I'm used to the hubby peering over his newspaper, eyebrows cocked at my half hearted attempt at causal wear. He knows me too well to comment (or maybe he's been at the receiving end of my wrath for too long).

White Oversized Hoodie - Next
Navy Coated Skinnies - Next
Midnight Jalouse Ankle Boots - Ash (old)
Red Crossbody bag - Coach (old)

If truth be known, I was anticipating a quiet day at home before we go out later this evening. Of course I forgot that the fridge doesn't fill itself, the son seems to be incapable of taking his Depop parcels to the post office  (and paying for his own postage) and a friend asking if I have time to meet for coffee. I think I'm just about passable although at 50, I didn't expect to be wearing a hoodie in public ever again!


Navy Coated Skinnies - Next
Keke Ankle Boots - Nine West
White Oversized Hoodie - Next
Studded Chain Bag (love this) - Mango 

By the way, I picked up the sweatshirt (it's big, size down) on the sale rack in Next when I popped in to exchange a jacket. It's online and reduced but for some reason, not in the sale section but the regular one (the link is here). I paid £14 yesterday, it's £9 online so grab it quick in case it's an error!! You need to put it in your bag to pick up the price as the published one is wrong (well it might be right and the bag price is wrong but you know what I mean).







4 comments on "How Do You Do Casual? "
  1. I completely understand your issue with casual dressing. I'm exactly the same ... at a stretch I might go to the supermarket in a hoody! I was in Next today (thought of you!!!!) and got a very cute blush coloured top on the sale rack which will be just lovely with my M&S trainers. Love it when all the sales bargains match up nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we're both similar style personalities aren't we. I haven't owned a hoodie for about 10 years!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Such a funny post - I'm exactly the same, I just can't do casual. I know that you wear trainers sometimes and they look great on you but I can't bring myself to wear them outside of the gym.
    Thanks for the recent posts, some great suggestions and I always enjoy reading.
    PS What's a Depop parcel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes trainers. But I invariably add a blazer to smarten them up. And they're always pristine lol. Depop is like ebay, that's all I know. I'm just told to go to the post office with parcels. Glad you enjoy the blog Caroline xx

      Delete