A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

5.03.2017

My Favourite Sandals On Sale And They're A Ringer For A Designer Pair Too

I was never meant to be in the shoe department of TK Maxx, the son had asked me to source a Karl Marx mug for his history teacher for Friday. A nice thought but seriously, a Karl Marx mug for Friday? Because obviously they're easy to come by. Hmmmmm. Anyway, I found myself on the wrong floor at the back of the shop. How did that happen? Shoes I tell you, shoes.




I bought a pair of Steve Madden Sweetyy sandals last year in the States and paid about $90. I saw them today for £19.99. I know. A bargain right? Especially when they're still full price on some US sites. They're leather too.

Sadly not red but a most glorious shade of pastel blue. Oh and they had black too.

Mine....



I saw these Aquazzura Wild Thing sandals in Selfridges back in January and couldn't believe the likeness to the Sweetyys. Dead ringers, well other than the Aquazzura has a heel. Cheeky buggers! Surely it's the High Street that copies the designer?




And then doing my research tonight, it appears that Aquazzura now has a flat and block heel version, indeed a whole range of shaggy sandals.

If you're feeling flush, here's the link to the range (upward of £300 mind!!)

Aquazzura Wild Thing Sandals










These are the black SM ones that I saw today.



And the lush pale blue ones.

Steve Madden Sweetyy Sandal £19.99

Most sizes of these are available online here at £19.99. They'd look great with white jeans (just saying).

Oh and not forgetting the nude that they didn't have in my local store but they're online.

Steve Madden Sweetyy Sandal £19.99



Like I said, bit of a bargain.

I'm all shaggy shoe'd out. God.

Really, really need to go as I'm needed to go through a few flash cards: Why was there an economic crisis in Germany in 1923. I'm glad the answers are on the back because I haven't got a clue!



4 comments on "My Favourite Sandals On Sale And They're A Ringer For A Designer Pair Too"
  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! I've seen a tribute to the heeled ones somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously you need to remember because I want a heeled pair but not at Aquazzuri prices x

      Delete
  2. The Aquazurra wild thing high heeled sandals came out in 2015 so most dupes have come and gone. Steve Madden did have a high heeled version called sassy but it's no longer on their website. I suppose that's why the low versions are in TKMaxx. Sorry Donna but I think you've missed the boat on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that makes sense. I googled to try and find out when Aquazzura introduced the Wild Thing range but couldn't find a date. Thanks for clarifying. So, Steve Madden, you naughty people made an almost identical copy (which I am of course rather pleased about as I love mine) x

      Delete