$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

5.19.2017

Sometimes...

Sometimes I sleep through the night.

Sometimes I miss comments on Instagram and then feel bad for not replying.

Sometimes I eat more than one bag of crisps a day!

Sometimes I shout at the wrong child and cause World War III 😱

Sometimes I hide in the airing cupboard and jump out to frighten our son (wrong I know).

Sometimes I leg it upstairs as quick as I can at 11pm because first in bed gets the tv remote control (most nights actually).

Sometimes I add mushrooms to a spag bol and deny it to the husband (he says he's allergic, he's not).

Sometimes I shop at Indigo in Marks & Spencer. That'll be today then.

I had a lovely chat with an old lady about this little cardigan earlier today and she very kindly gave me her 20% family and friends discount coupon because I'd forgotten mine. Some people really are lovely aren't they?

This is so not my usual style (go me) but I kind of really like it. And as soon as I clocked it (strategically placed right next to the tills - you little tinkers M&S), I thought, holiday jacket. Not that I plan on wearing it that much on holiday but planes can be very chilly places. And let's not even talk about the daily battle with hotel cleaners who insist on turning the air con up to full throttle. It's pure torture when you've been outside all day in temperatures of 80+ degrees.

Boho Textured Pure Cotton Flared Cardigan £35 



Ignore what's underneath, I didn't have time to style it up. And in the usual M&S fashion, it's so much better in the flesh than online. Firstly it's not white as it appears in the picture, it's ecru. And secondly, I hate how they've styled it. Too much fuss, too many angles, too many colours.



Honestly, it's a really nice little cardi-jacket that's perfect to pop over your summer dresses. I'm not the best when it comes to cardigans and 9/10 choose a jacket so I'm particularly thrilled with this.


Boho Textured Pure Cotton Flared Cardigan £35
 

So find yourself a nice little old lady with a discount code or use this one for 20% off MY6F35.

Happy Shopping!

Apparently I have to take two suitcases when I visit the daughter this weekend as she wants me to bring back her winter clothes. See that clear floor in her bedroom up there ^^^ I doubt we'll see it again for a few months!!! More clothes than a Chinese laundry! 

p.s. I sized up to a 12


8 comments on "Sometimes..."
  1. Sweet thoughts, lovely post! Have a great weekend Donna! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Elaine. Hope you have a lovely weekend too x

      Delete
  2. Ha, ha! LOVED your 'sometimes ...' ;) Despite telling myself that I shouldn't like an M&S cardi, I really can't help admiring that! Might have to nip out from the Shout Out tomorrow and take a look. Good buy Donna, very good buy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it's a very useful piece for summer and a bit different to the 'usual' blazer x

      Delete
  3. You look great in your outfit. Was wondering though, since we are probably a similar age, how do you stay so slim, any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not a lot actually. I watch my fat intake and try to eat no more than one sweet thing a day. Cook from scratch and limit alcohol intake. Not great at exercise hence a bit of a podge at the moment!!! x

      Delete
  4. I've surprised myself by buying quite a few M&S pieces this year. Am I getting older or is M&S now styling for a younger customer? I can't understand why their profits have gone down in clothing when I have been buying more of their items than I have ever done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're definitely right, they are trying to capture a younger audience with some of their brands. I can normally find something that I love. I thought the winter season was slightly boring and uninspiring but there are some great pieces this spring/summer. What did you buy? x

      Delete