$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

5.28.2017

The Perfect White Trousers

I blame the daughter for this purchase. There I was waiting for her on Kensington High Street when she texted to say that she was going to be 15 minutes late. I happened to be stood outside Marks & Spencer so popped in for a browse ONLY. Not that easy at the moment as they have a really strong summer collection. Anyway, I was doing really well with my 'browsing', I mean, I wasn't tempted to try anything on until I happened upon a great pair of white trousers. As it turned out, the perfect white trousers.

White Trousers - Marks & Spencer
Audrey Cashmere Short Sleeve Jumper - Winser London
Cotton Parisian Jacket - Winser London
Black Pom Pom Shoes - Next
Bag - Old

Slim leg, in a lovely semi-stretchy fabric ie not so much that they give after wearing for an hour. They're more of a soft white than pure and look far more expensive than they are. They're a proper trouser with a zip and covered hook bar but what drew me to them was the stretchy waistband. Don't worry, it's not that nasty ruched elastic gathering that your Nan buys. In fact I think M&S have missed a trick. I'd be shouting from the roof top about this feature, who doesn't want a comfy stretchy waistband? Zero mention in the title or blurb on the website. 

Black Pom Pom Shoes - Next


They fit true to size, I've got the size 10 and went for the shorter length as I wanted them to be ankle grazers. Unless you want a full length trouser, I'd suggest going for a shorter length (the long must be very long).  




Ok, I now need to stop buying clothes. Mind you, the things I have bought this season do have longevity so next year it will be easy to refresh my wardrobe with a few new colours and cuts. Well that's the intention anyway. 

It would seem that the weather is about to break in the North West. We have rain today 😓  which is probably not a bad thing as I have a ma-hoo-sive pile of ironing to get through. Sunshine makes me very lazy, even though I don't actually sit out in it. Our daughter is home, we have family up so it's going to be a bit of  a busy weekend. And how can it be June already next week? Have we lost a few months on the way? 


I'll tell you more about the little jumper and jacket soon as I wore them at Stoke Park at the Winser London event. I'm sure the photos will be far better but I've linked them up there ^^^ if you want to have a look now. 

And those pom pom mules are proving to be very useful. They seem to have taken up residence at the bottom of the stairs, so useful for slipping on and off quickly (useful in the sense that I can slip them on and run outside at the speed of light to meet the parcel man before the husband can intercept yet another delivery - every woman needs a pair)! And they make me smile EVERYTIME.  Here's the link. Be quick because I've noticed that they're suddenly all over Instagram xx


If you're in the mood for some summer shopping there are lots of offers on this Bank Holiday weekend...

25% off trousers, jeans, skirts and shorts at Boden  (link here)
20% off at Warehouse using code HOTSTUFF (link here)
40% off at La Redoute using code BIG40 (link here)
30% off selected items at Top Shop plus free delivery (link here)
20% off Bank Holiday Weekend at Holster Australia using code SAVE20 (link here)
30% off at Great Plains using code 30SPRING (link here)
40% off Laura Ashley (link here)
25% off 25 styles at Baukjen (link here)
Price match event at John Lewis (link here)
Various discounts at Mimi & Thomas (see Facebook page here for codes) & website here
Upto 30% off summer styles at House of Fraser (link here)

Many finish on Monday so don't think about it for too long.



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment