$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

6.09.2017

How To Look A Little Bit Summery When The Weather Isn't Playing Ball

God damn awful weather. So many lovely clothes but it's too cold  to wear them (wah me).

I wore black and white yesterday and as much as I loved my outfit, it wasn't what I'd chosen to wear. But a strong wind and sideways rain put paid to anything other than dark bottoms. Sloshing through puddles I was and my pristine white trainers are now queueing for the washing machine.

So today I decided to wear slightly more summery colours. Rain or no rain. Ok we're not talking full on bardot style maxi dress here but white trousers when it's chucking it down? (As I write, it's bucketing). I figured that a cropped trouser is less likely to get splashed so I'm safe.

Tailored Blazer, White Jeans, Yellow Espadrilles, Navy Blazer, Summer Dressing


Thing is though, I'm nesh so I still need to layer up the top half. Hence the reason that I have more than my fair share of blazers. I know. I'm a stuck record player. But I do wear them, all of them. Justification indeed.

This is kind of a summery look without freezing to death. I am not prepared to turn blue for the sake of this blog.

Anyway, hubby is out of town and he isn't a lover of this jacket, not that I ever listen to him but I do get hacked off with his constant anyone for tennis jokes. Yawn. So I took full advantage and wore it all day, even in the house because that's what I do. It's still available here and for any City Chic / Classics out there, this is for you because you'll have it in your wardrobe for years to come. Perfect for dressing up a very plain outfit. And when I say plain, I mean denim jeans and a white t-shirt plain.

Tailored Blazer, White Jeans,  Navy Blazer, Summer Dressing, Stripe Breton
Jacket - Next
Breton Top - Boden
Trousers - Marks & Spencer
Bag - Coach (old)
And the good old Breton top is from Boden which washes beautifully. I've had it ages and it's still going strong (it's here if you fancy a whirl).

I blogged about the white trousers here. It seems that they have replenished their stock as most sizes are available again. Comfy, easy wear, elasticated waistband that look ultra smart. An option if you want something a little bit different to white jeans. Here's the direct link.

Ha! I bet you missed the shoes in that long grass up there ^^^ Or should I say espadrilles. Gorj aren't they? Kaleidoscope sent them to me (thank you guys, I love them). Suede espadrilles for £45 and with a 7cm heel that's perfect for wearing all day. 7 cms sounds high doesn't it? It's not honestly. Here's the link if you're interested in bagging a pair. They kind of make up for the leopard print ones that I reluctantly had to send back because my skinny feet were flapping around in them. Mind you, I wouldn't wear in the pouring rain for fear of spoiling them. They're too nice for that. But I do plan on using them to inject a little bit of colour into my holiday wardrobe. Plain, block colour dresses can become a little repetitive sometimes.

Yellow espadrilles
Suede Wedge Espadrilles - Kaleidoscope

The insoles are padded and the buckle is on an elastic so the ankle strap stretches when you walk. The colour isn't quite so bright in real life as the suede absorbs the light so it's much more understated.


Yellow espadrilles, summer dressing


This gives you a better idea of the actual shade.


Yellow espadrilles, summer dressing


Navy and mustard has to be one of my favourite colour combinations. Throw in a bit of white and you've got yourself a half decent summery look.

Now, anyone for tennis?


Are you wearing your summery colours yet or waiting for the sun to stop sulking and come back? 



2 comments on "How To Look A Little Bit Summery When The Weather Isn't Playing Ball"
  1. Love this outfit, you can't navy and white, whilst the pop of yellow refreshes the classic look.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the jacket is a bit of a marmite item. I love it because it's smart and so very English. Husband hates it with a passion, not that I care x

      Delete