$

A fashion and style blog for the over 40s covering body shapes, colour palettes, how to wear neutrals, style personality and capsule wardrobes. Come on in!

8.28.2017

Those Next Pull On Coated Leggings Are Back

Yes it's that time again, the Next coated leggings are back in stock. It took me ages to find them the other day. Sweating I was. But persistence paid off and I located the little buggers. Same thing happened last year - they're virtually invisible on the website.

Bit disappointed that there are no new colours (black, navy and burgundy), I was hoping for any shade of grey and maybe even stone.

Next Coated Leggings £26 - £28



pull on coated leggings from next
Next Coated Leggings (all colours)

But they do now have black snake print. So I ordered a few pairs, different lengths and colours to check out the quality (click here for link)

The black and navy are exactly the same as last year. I'll be keeping these as mine are pretty worn out. I'm not sure which length to go for yet. The regular are great for flashing a little ankle but come winter, I'm always grateful for the extra inch coverage that the longer length offers. I wear a size 10, my usual size. I'll probably give the burgundy a miss this year because they're a tad too shiny for me.

If you haven't tried these, you really must. Comfortable, flattering (my god, even I have an a*se in them) and they don't budge. They are my daily go-tos. Easy to style with t-shirts, over sized shirts, pretty tops, chunky knits and blazers. And, because they have proper back pockets and a faux zip flap, you can even get away with tucking in your shirts because they look like proper jeans.

Now I'm not saying I wear them lots but....

coated leggings

And what do I think of the snake print? It's pretty subtle so you're not going to look like a sex shop worker. The fabric is thicker - I think that's due to the fact that the print is embossed so a thicker material is required. To be honest come the winter months, it's not a bad thing because they're not the warmest trousers in my wardrobe (a pair of tights normally sorts out the chill factor).


snake print coated leggings


When I tried them on, the rise seemed to be higher than I've been used to so I measured them. And yes, both the regular and longer length are cut slightly higher. More fabric = more sucky in of the belly.

You can see the difference in the rise here. The bottom pair are my old black ones from last year.



So, let's talk about the skinny fit for a moment. We're told it's leaving the cat walk for good.  Pah! While ever Mango and Zara have that many on their website, I'm not going to panic too much. That said, I'll be searching for a new style over the next few weeks to break me in gently. For now, I'll be championing the skinny this season.

Are you in the coated leggings gang (it's my third year - I must be up for a lifetime achievers award or something)? A great way to get the look of leather without selling a child or remortgaging the house. They wash like a dream (30 degrees, 1200 spin) but tumble dry at your peril. I cried when it happened to me 😂😂😂

Oh and it's worth keeping your eyes peeled because Next may release other colours later in the season (please let it be grey).








Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment